Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

help me with a set up - wfp system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nickshangs

good afternoon guys , hope your having a great day and not working too hard in this heat!

so i've decided to stick to a more simple system before i go all in with a van set up,
i'm not going to produce my own pure water as the water around here in north london is very hard
so will purchase my water from spotless as per the helpful suggestions on here.
so what i'm looking for a good set up, a good pole , around 10 ( 25 lt ) containers and a trolley and/or backback.
I'm not going to be working at 3rd floor or higher but maybe ground, first and maybe a loft ?
with your experience what and where would you purchase.
I've got a budget of around £500-800 for the lot , is this too low? I could look at increasing my budget maybe?

So would this be a pole , troley , backpack , containers ? or am i missing something ? I'm a newbie so please
forgive me if I sound like a complete amateur ( which I am ofcourse! )

Thanks in advance

good afternoon guys , hope your having a great day and not working too hard in this heat!

so i've decided to stick to a more simple system before i go all in with a van set up,
i'm not going to produce my own pure water as the water around here in north london is very hard
so will purchase my water from spotless as per the helpful suggestions on here.
so what i'm looking for a good set up, a good pole , around 10 ( 25 lt ) containers and a trolley and/or backback.
I'm not going to be working at 3rd floor or higher but maybe ground, first and maybe a loft ?
with your experience what and where would you purchase.
I've got a budget of around £500-800 for the lot , is this too low? I could look at increasing my budget maybe?

So would this be a pole , troley , backpack , containers ? or am i missing something ? I'm a newbie so please
forgive me if I sound like a complete amateur ( which I am ofcourse! )

Thanks in advance
A lot of new builds have the main bedroom in the loft space. I couldn't comfortably clean them with a Gardiner SLX22 pole. 3 years ago I purchased an SLX27 and find it's the idea length.
We need our 40' pole to reach Velux windows in the roofline in older houses, but customers do understand if you tell them you can't reach them. They can be cleaned from the inside by your customer, so isn't really an issue.

I would be wary of buying a starter kit. Whilst the Purefreedom trolleys are the best imo, their poles aren't imo.

A lot of new builds have the main bedroom in the loft space. I couldn't comfortably clean them with a Gardiner SLX22 pole. 3 years ago I purchased an SLX27 and find it's the idea length.
We need our 40' pole to reach Velux windows in the roofline in older houses, but customers do understand if you tell them you can't reach them. They can be cleaned from the inside by your customer, so isn't really an issue.

I would be wary of buying a starter kit. Whilst the Purefreedom trolleys are the best imo, their poles aren't imo.
Thanks for your help!

So would you buy the trolley system but then get the gardiner pole slx27 rather than the one on offer at window cleaning warehouse ?

Thanks for your help!

So would you buy the trolley system but then get the gardiner pole slx27 rather than the one on offer at window cleaning warehouse ?
Personally, yes. But that based on my biased opinion. :giggle:

Over the years, the Purefreedom trolley has performed faultlessly for so many. There are a couple of windies in our area who swear by them.

We have a Gardiner backpack for those odd jobs, but I wouldn't be happy using it as my main water driver. It's too heavy for me to lug around daily.

I have never tried a WCW pole - some say they are brilliant, others don't. As far as I'm concerned, the Gardiner pole has served me for years without issue, and the backup service Alex and his team supply is second to none. My SLX22 was 9 years old when the top section became too thin to work safely. It is still a backup pole in my van but with a CLX22 top section. It has a flocked brush on the end and gets used occasionally when we have to clean leaded windows.

My SLX27 is 3 years old now. I have absolutely no reason to try another pole.

You have really got to be aware of what you buy. For example, the Gardiner SLX range is carbon fibre, where the CLX range ins hybrid - a mixture of carbon and fibreglass. Facelift have the same variants. The hybrids are cheaper, but they are whippy.

Before I got my SLX22, I purchased a CLX22 when they first came out as that was all I could afford at the time. It was fine with a light brush, but when a heavy one was fitted, it was like a fishing rod with a marlin on the end.

Latest Posts

Back