Help needed for adapting my Brodex porta power system

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by SHAQ TULLOCH, Mar 26, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. SHAQ TULLOCH

SHAQ TULLOCH Active Member

HI all,

i am VERY new to the industry, when i first started out i did not have access to a van so a trolley system was my choice of system.. soon after i purchased a van so now of course i want a tank as i am currently using customers water supply which isnt ideal at all !! can anyone suggest the best way for me to be able link my system to a tank... ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi, is what you mean
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niypoMsfVZ0
    If so you have a number of options if you want to keep the trolley in tacked which I would do myself.

The options are as follows:

option 1 Keep the trolley in the van - Strap the trolley upright in the van and fill the van tank directly. Then can also be used as an on demand ro/di system when need be. Either static in the van or outside like you have been doing.

option 2 Keep the trolley at home - Use it as a static ro/di system to fill 1000 ltr ibc's tanks. Then transfer the water into the van tank.

If you want to keep it in the van then you just need to look at the best way to connect it up to the van tank and if whilst filling if you want a door left open or not.

Fitting outside van ports for security whilst filling and adding an auto cut out solenoid switch so it don't flood the van would be the best option.

If the ro/di has a 240 volt booster pump then look at also fitting an outside plug fitting too so is just a case of running the power to the outside van socket.

As for as hose connections are concerned you will need to look making new hoses for it the right length with quick connects so is connected up to the van ports. Likewise the 240 cable from the booster pump to the van outside power socket.

If you do it in such a way that all connections can be quickly removed then can also be used as a trolley if need be and brought indoors for frosty nights/hard winter months too.

3. SHAQ TULLOCH

wow! thats sounds good to me but due to inexperience i really wouldnt know where to start ? how much £ would i need to be able to do something likethis ?thank you for your help smurf

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Never mind the tank, check Mrs Tulloch out :h:

5. SHAQ TULLOCH

Appropriate ???

6. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Humour :*

7. SHAQ TULLOCH

all well and good but its help that i need not compliments on my mrs lol ... able to help or ?

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

There are two types of van ports you can get.

Ones that fit on the side of the van that are quite expensive or ones that fit under the van

Both option you can see on this site http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Van_accessories.html
    Whichever ones you go for means cutting holes in the van.

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

10. Eviestevie

Eviestevie Grand Master

Stroppy!!!!!

Advertisement