Help needed with price

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Hunty, Jun 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Did not think this would be my first thread but there you go.. Great site and has helped me massively with my start up so thanks to all!!

Now to the help needed I have been asked to quote for a block management company 8 block all round external, up 5 floor approx 100 ft my poles only go 35 but they will hire a cherry picker so that's not the issue, my main issue is where do I start with the quote there are over 500 windows easy and I have no idea where to start with price, at first I thought easy work out a day rate and then how long will take but there's my snag there I have no idea how long will take me and they will need to order cherry picker at rate of 150 per day so any help here would be appreciated on where I would begin.

Thanks for reading!!

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Quid a window seems fair..500 notes
    I may be wrong but it's a start

3. cheapncheerful

#3 cheapncheerful, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    yep daveyboy said it all....and then add some for any hassle you can see....

and good luck ...why the feck cant I get nice big jobs to quote...:whistle:

Id be tempted to say stick the cherry picker give me the money and I will buy a nice shiny bloomin neil type big pole....

if neil spots this post he will best advise as he has plenty of big uns...jobs that is...

4. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Instead of a cherry picker would it not be possible to charge cherry picker money and buy a bigger pole?

5. cheapncheerful

great minds think alike...diwrnach:D

6. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Personally would use it as a way to upgrade my gear for pretty much free.

7. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Then when they want you to do it again you do it for the same price and poicket the cherry picker money.

8. Hunty

Hunty Active Member

Thanks for the responses all, yes that is an option, I have just never used anything that big (add punn here) is it the same concept as going to a 2nd floor as going to a 5th? and although I am quoting for 8 blocks there are 40 in total and I have been told that if good job is done if price agreed I will have a shot at them all!! So really wanna get this right.

Thanks for reading

9. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Were you hoping to use your pole from the cherry picker to reach? If so that will be a nightmare mate, trust me!

You'll want a longer pole for sure...

I would say £500 is a bit to cheap for that amount of windows and the height, you'll probably want around £650-700, then you can take a 2-3 days to do it...

10. Jake

Jake Grand Master

Same principal, but it's hard hard work at those heights mate, honestly it's not fun! That's why I'm suggesting you charge a lot more than £500, also how often will they be wanting you to do it? As that will massively effect the price you give...

Advertisement