Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where to buy a tank o-ring?

Njones

My dads van tank is leaking from the lid - - it has since he bought it and he's tried a few DIY seals & not been able to stop it 100% - so I was wondering if its possible to buy a big o-ring that fits on the bottom of the tank lid & seals to the tank when tightened down?

Anyone know where I could get one?

in my old tank I cut a new filler hole and got a new fitting into it and then just silicone the old lid shut.

PTFE doesn't do much - the lid seems very loose fitting compared to what I had in my van. /emoticons/sad.png

We have 2 x 500 liter Wydale tanks.

The first tank we purchased in 2007 has a round seal. It has never leaked.

I ordered some of this for another tank lid but I can't remember the diamt.

METRIC O RING CORD NITRILE RUBBER PER METRE

Cut it slightly longer and 'force' them in. You could glue the ends but I didn't.

The second tank we purchased in 2011 has a square seal. This has always leaked. The measurements are 7mm x 6mm. I would guess the only place you would get that would be from the tank suppliers - probably need to buy a replacement lid c/w gasket/seal.

i think pure freedom do them or wintecs or cleaning spot /emoticons/tongue.png

i remember one of them sell spares but im not going go find it for you lol

My 500 wydale has one but it still leaked anyway so I removed it and I still had to do the old PTFE job. This is only any good if you intend NOT to remove the lid again (I have separate Hozelock male filler with Torbeck mini float valve on the inside of it). You will need to apply approx Two full rolls of tape for it to be effective on such large threads. The other thing I have done in the past with success is to put a carrier bag across the hole and then just screw the lid on/in to the thread.

My 500 wydale has one but it still leaked anyway so I removed it and I still had to do the old PTFE job. This is only any good if you intend NOT to remove the lid again (I have separate Hozelock male filler with Torbeck mini float valve on the inside of it). You will need to apply approx Two full rolls of tape for it to be effective on such large threads. The other thing I have done in the past with success is to put a carrier bag across the hole and then just screw the lid on/in to the thread.

Them bags are 5p now bud!

Latest Posts

Back