Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Networking Breakfast

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jon Grainger

Hi guys

Got this message following a FB ad I posted of a buy and sell group-

Hi Jon, i see you promoting window cleaning in the local area. I own a cleaning business and am looking to refer business to a window cleaner on a regular basis, would you be interested to come along to my business network meeting on Friday morning 6:45am- 8am to meet me and a few other local business men?

The meeting is held at ****

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

So I have agreed to go, it's £10 inc breakfast, and we get the chance for a one minute presentation.

I'm planning to go, just to see how it goes, and even if I get one customer I'll make my money back,

I've got a few ideas of what I'm going to say, but help me with any advice!

Regards

J

That sounds like bni

I have been to these

If it is bni you can go twice as a visitor at 10 quid a time

Then you have to join

£175 one off joining fee for the year

Then 500 odd for the actual yearly fees plus 45 a month to cover the building rent and breakfasts so not that cheap really

And you can't get official referals whilst a visitor

No davey, the actual annual fees are just over £1000 per year, if you still have that PM I sent you some time back on BNI please feel free to forward it to Jon.
It is about a grand once you add it all together as it needs paying in 1 lump but 2nd year you don't pay the 175 membership fee

I got given the breakdown when i went the other week

Bit steep for me

Around 1200 all added up

The costs is why I turned it down about a year ago, there's better ways to get work in, without spending 1k and having to get up early every week!

If its only a tenner inc breakfst then nothing to lose if you ask me. Might meet a few landlords, letting agents and the like. Got to be worth a punt..

Yep, defo go to the first couple of 'free' ones, then sack it off, they'll try and get you to join, but just say no lol

What you are all missing is the fact that it is a referral based organization for members only. Does not matter whom you meet at a BNI meeting they will not give you one single lead or referral until you are a member of the club!

Wow a grand is a fair whack of cash to pay upfront! I think you'd need to be bigger than a one man band and get alot of work from it for it to be worth it. You could get a fair amount of advertising for that money! But good luck, don't forget to bring some business cards/flyers or whatever to hand out :thumbsup: (if your allowed /emoticons/wink.png)

Hi guys,

Just finished my BNI meeting, and was good fun, I picked up two new customers. Did a little ad-lib speech which they seemed to like, and they complimented me on wearing a tie and the speech.

Obviously they pushed me to become a member, which I was expecting, and for the first year you are talking at £1200. Apparently the last windie made a killing but was a rubbish businessman, so didn't keep the customers happy.

I'm not to sure what to make of it to be honest! I reckon I could maybe double my money in new work, but it's one hell of a commitment, every Friday, for the best part of two hours, and a lot of money!

It all depends who is there

The one i went to had a property management company and an estate agent and a guy who owns car dealerships so could be an opportunity of a bit of work

Personally if i spent 1200 quid it would be for a canvasser as at least you would see work instantly

Back