Help please! WFP pump / Pressure switch.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Kips, Mar 10, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

Guys, I need some help. I've got a problem with my WFP pump - it's a "Kobol" branded one from a window cleaning warehouse big boy backpack. The other day it just stopped, mid job, so I took it home, took it apart and managed to isolate the problem to something to do with the pressure switch. Upon disassembely, the switch itself works - i.e. the button inside the housing, when pressed, cuts the power to the pump, as it should - however when I put it all back together, it will run for a second and then stop. Sometimes it will 'cycle' i.e. pump for a sec, cut off, pump for a sec, cut off, etc. I've taken the pressure switch assembely apart and it seems to be really simple - can't see what is not working. Unless I dropped a bit - is there supposed to be a spring or something in there to press the bit that moves back away from the pressure switch? Adjusting the adjuster screw does nothing - all the way in, all the way out, no effect.

If I run the pump without the pressure switch, and use my aquadapter to stop the water flow when I want it stopped, will that burn the pump out? i.e., do I even need a pressure switch?

And yes, I know the pumps are junk and I could just buy a new one. But i'm £60 overdrawn at the bank today and I really dont want to spend 30 - 50 quid on a pump when something so infuratingly simple looking is the only thing not working!! Arggh!

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

If you have a look in the likes of maplins you may find one their maybe.

3. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

The actual button bit is working just fine - it's something to do with the mechanical assembely that moves and activates the switch - driving me nuts, I can't work out how to fix it!

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Have you tried phoning window cleaning warehouse to see if they can help you out with a replacement part?

Advertisement