Help pricing a job

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Adams0211, Mar 26, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Morning guys.

I know everyone's prices are different and I know the usual advice is to take your hourly rate and times it by the number of hours the job will take but this one has got me a bit stumped and I'm not sure how long i think it will take me.

The house is a bit on the quirky side and a bit all over the place. The frames are all wooden (in good condition) if you can't tell from the pics.

I need to give the guy three prices.

An exterior first clean price for all glass, upvc and conny roof.

A four weekly maintenance clean price.

An interior clean. Glass only. His cleaner will do the frames. Excluding glass roof and conny roof.

Access to the conny at the front is good and there's a tap I can use for washing down the roof. Access to everything else is a bit awkward and will need me to run my hose through part of the house.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

3. boarcity

boarcity Guest

ask yourself the question-is this place the sort you crave as part of your round? if it is then price it keenly so it becomes part of your regular round and everyones happy

if its not what you want long term id decline it. ooo you need the money but iv learned not to take on stuff i know instantly i dont want to visit as a regular,because itll slow my progress into finding the stuff i really want .

4. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I think once the first clean is out the way it wouldn't be a bad monthly job. Access isn't great but I've seen worse and I wouldn't have to worry about the conny roof and glass roof on the maintenance cleans. It's one of the nicer areas of my town and hopefully it would lead to more work in that area.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

5. Jacob

Jacob Guest

Un the maintaince side this looks straigth forward to me, trad style (velux are only done when insides are done) I would give a good monthly price and then mark heavy up on the roofs in a take it or leave it approach.

6. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

Looks like the drive and paths could do with a clean as well....and the gutters...could be a nice earner or a couple of rainy day jobs once you have your foot in the door?!

7. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

I don't do paths and driveways but I'd noticed the gutters

8. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

Looks a really nice job
    Can't think why you wouldn't want that job boarcity
    I'd say around £25 / 30 for reg clean

9. Adams0211

Adams0211 Guru

Cheers mate.
    I'm not sure if you checked out all the photos but I could definitely get away with more than £25/30 for the house plus conny.

10. Luke Barnard

Luke Barnard Active Member

Advertisement