help! sand cement render on glass

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by plscleanme, Mar 17, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. plscleanme

plscleanme Guest

Hi all.

Need some help please.

I've just completed a job rendering, tyrolean finish, tried another method of protecting windows cut along story short it didn't work and some of the tyrolean render has got through the protection onto glass.

I've been told not to use a sSwear word!er, but to use a chemical to break it down then remove with 000 wire wool.

I've heard of liquid hammer chemical but can't find a supplier of small amounts in uk. Is there another product I can use to break it down available in uk?

Many thanks

Advertisement
  2. Paul

Paul Guest

Ive always use a fine bladed sSwear word!er doing builders cleans, you will go through a few blades and don't use a blade if it has and chips at all on, it will scratch the window I've never scratched a window yet so works for me. [hr]
    Just take your time taking it off

3. plscleanme

plscleanme Guest

Hi m8. Yes i've been told about this but all it takes is one grain of sand caught in the blade...really dont want to risk this method, must be another a safer way.

4. Paul

Paul Guest

Sorry pal I don't know of any other way I just soak the window and use the blade, only going one way take the blade away from the window after each stroke never use it backwards or it will scratch.

5. James

James Guru

I'm unsure on how to help you buddy :) I only use the bladed sSwear word!er way

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?izv24w

6. plscleanme

plscleanme Guest

Ok thanks lads. Advice taken, if it comes to that will do it.

7. Paul

Paul Guest

Try get a 4-5 inch sSwear word!er with a large pack of fine blades and just totally soak the whole window and sSwear word!e upwards only, you will be ok I've done it many many times and never scrached a pain, just take it easy and don't hammer hell out of it and keep a check on your blade. Sorry couldn't help with the chemical side of it.

8. mark m

mark m Hero

Get a spray bottle fill it with diluted brick acid that will get the bulk of the cement off then use soapy water and a sharp blade

9. chip

chip Guru

i've always used a sSwear word!er, but never do it dry-make sure the gobbo's always wet. brick acid sounds a good idea, don't know if it's safe on glass but ought to be. it's only for getting the snots off brickwork where it splatters off a scaffold bar or something, so would assume it inevitably comes into contact with glass here and there

10. Masons

Masons Guru

Whenever using chemicals and acids remember to thoroughly rinse the window and seams as you do not want corrosive chemicals on the rubbers and plastics surrounding the window.

Advertisement