Help...thinking of starting up.

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by ma7589, Sep 2, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. ma7589

ma7589 Newcomer

Hi

I'm new to all this so people have probably asked this loads of times.
    I'm thinking of starting up a window cleaning business as my current job is coming to an end. This will b a complete career change. Just got a couple of questions...

Is it worth it? ..... Basically I will be starting from scratch building a round and reputation. I understand it will be hardwork. But is is it a viable option. I'm around northampton.

Wot size tank is most suitable for a days work by one person. With the option of 2 people working all day if work goes well. Iv looked at a 650L tank.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

tbh mate look throught the forum and theres loads of help this been covered already

do you have ££ to start up

wouldnt worry about 2 man system till u learn how to

do the windies trad and use a ladder then get the system and also u will get out of it wat u put in

3. ma7589

ma7589 Newcomer

Thought there mite b. Just trawling through looking.

Yeah I got £££. Can comfortably afford to set up wfp van system. Researching it all at mo.

Cheers

4. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Buy a TDS meter, I'm guessing you live in a hard water area, so an RO will have to be bought.

5. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

Viable is different for everyone, but you can get out of it what you put in, how much do you want to earn? its all possible really, you could go national and earn millions if you really wanted to and had the drive, I'm lazy so do enough to provide what my family needs, I have no ambition to be the next Richard Branson, but you can go that route if you wanted its entirely up to you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

youre gonna be solo at the very least your first year.

probably 3 yrs being realistic put it out of your mind that a helper will be sharing the load.

7. Posh

Posh Hero

Best advice I can give yer mate is dont run before you can walk. There's many things to think about before tank size. I'm trad but sure if yer going the wfp route the lads & lassies will be on soon to give you advice.

8. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

I have never used anywhere near 650l in a day, most I have ever used is probably 260ish?

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Guest

He's gone very quiet.......i hope he's out canvassing.............

10. Jimroot

Jimroot Guru

In a word that's the key part, the canvassing (and other job gaining) its not the technical side that's make or break, it's cash flow, customers, marketing.

I'd have thought 250l is enough for a normal start up first year enough for ten 3 bed houses in a row, unlikely to have more than ten or five first cleans in a day for some time

Advertisement