Help with new pole 50ft+

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Tommy Zoom, Jun 27, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Tommy Zoom

Tommy Zoom Member

I need a long pole. Currently I use slx 22 for my every day stuff and it's a good pole.
    I now need a 50+ ft pole and don't know what's best to go for. Has anyone compared gardiners with x-line's evolution pro + ??
    What would you guys recommend.

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Have you tried using a pole at 50' plus?

3. Shiny

Shiny Forum Addict

Yep a lot to take into consideration here..!!
    For me personally at my age I don't want to work hirer than 30ft, and at that height the jobs I do I have cut down to a minimum.
    But for a younger person I suppose it would'nt be a problem, however all I would say is just be aware of long term damage to your body if you intend cleaning with a pole at that height for a long period of time over a number of years...!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I havent used that size of pole either. If I was in the market I would be looking at a hi modulus carbon fiber pole because of weight and rigidity. I also like the idea of poles you can add extensions to, so if you then needed a 65ft pole you wouldn't need a complete new pole.

I know that Unger, Gardiner and Reach-IT all make poles that meet those reqirements.

Then price would be a factor as hi mod poles don't come cheap and you need to earn back the extra cost.

Sorry I can't give you first hand experience, just my thoughts.

5. WWC

WWC Well-Known Member

I havent used that size of pole either. If I was in the market I would be looking at a hi modulus carbon fiber pole because of weight and rigidity. I also like the idea of poles you can add extensions to, so if you then needed a 65ft pole you wouldn't need a complete new pole.

I know that Unger, Gardiner and Reach-IT all make poles that meet those reqirements.

Then price would be a factor as hi mod poles don't come cheap and you need to earn back the extra cost.

Sorry I can't give you first hand experience, just my thoughts.

6. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

I've used a 60' Carbon Fiber pole a few times and found them heavy and quite flexi at full stretch = hard work.

Anything over 45'-50' and I would buy a High-Modulas Pole if I had the work to justify the expense.

I used a mates High-Modulas Pole and the difference really is 'night and day'.....they are a dream to use at any height.

7. Tommy Zoom

Tommy Zoom Member

No I have t used one at that height which is why I was interested to see what others have found to be best.
    I'm 31 so currently can still do it, and I have tendered for a job which will need a pole this size.
    Is it only the Gardiner poles that use high modular poles?

8. Bingo

Bingo Grand Master

High-MODULAS Carbon Fiber ;).

Modular poles are sectional ie....not telescopic.

Gardiner....Reach-iT.....Unger......and others do High-Modulas Poles.....
    have search on Google......they are not cheap :eek::eek:....you have been warned :D.

Advertisement