Help With Pricing Please .....

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by fuggytail, Jul 11, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. fuggytail

fuggytail Member

Hi guys i feel a little stupid posting this and asking for help anyway what it is i have been cleaning windows for sometime now and have a good round together. I was working away today and someone stopped me and asked if i could do there windows for them so i said yes no probs as i finished he came out and we had a chatt and got on to talking about his guttering soffits and fascia boards and could i clean them the next time im around i said yes i will do a quote and let him no but the problem is i haven't got a clue on how much to charge or how to work a price out do you guys work it out by the meter if so how much is the going rate per meter .Its the first job i have been offered like this and dont really want to let it go plus hes a new monthly customer and said he has a few more houses i can do for him if i want them :) .So im sorry to be asking for help on this but i dont no where to start thanks for any info given it will be much appreciated .........

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Could you get the house on google streetview? Post it in here. That way people will be able to give you a good price. I wouldnt over charge him if theres a chance he can get you more mork

3. chip

chip Guru

I read somewhere that about 3 quid a meter is what some charge, frankly I just pluck a figure out the air, but am usually a bit too cheap

4. C-THROUGH

C-THROUGH Active Member

I try and judge how many hours it will take and then charge what I earn per hour!
    ?10, ?15, etc

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Thats the name of your business right? Where you from?

6. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

I puck one up today myself i reckon for a normal 3 bed semi depending on how dirty they are and if they gutters are full of dirt etc you would be looking at around £40.

The one i puck up today was from a reccomendation so i knew straight away the job was mine so priced at £60 but he has got a forrest growing in them .

7. mark m

mark m Hero

Approx £3-4 meter for guttering min charge £40

8. Knoxy

Knoxy Well-Known Member

3 bed semi, I charge £50 unless it's big and going to take more than 2 and a half hours.

9. harunh

harunh Legend

I charge on how much time it will take me :)

I cleaned a house i do for £7.00 and he wanted his gutters cleaning..... and i charged an extra £3.00 and it toke me about 5-7 minutes to do ! :)

So just work it out on time that way at least your reasonable :)

I try and stay over £15.00 per hour :)

Minimum is £12.00 per hour :)

10. C-THROUGH

C-THROUGH Active Member

FROM CARDIFF MK
    WHY?

Advertisement