help with pump

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by gwindows, Mar 10, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. gwindows

gwindows Member

went to use my wf trolley the day and couldn't get any water to come out ,the pump was at full wack 99 sureflo pump , took the hoses of and snapped the little right angled thing that the hose goes onto but managed to get another of another window cleaner , with a bit af blowing the hoses we managed to get it going again , but happened again , i wiggled the hose and away it went . but i think it will do it again help any suggestion what could be causing it ,an air blockage ?????

Advertisement
  2. rafawindowcleaning

rafawindowcleaning Well-Known Member

Hi have a look thru the pencil jet clogged up thread there is a lot of.information there you might find useful

3. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Do you have a filter/strainer & none return valve like this on the inlet hose that goes into the barrels?
    http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/pure-freedom-trolley-nonreturn-strainer-kit-p-553.html

Do you have a length of plastic pipe over the inlet hose that you drop into the barrels so sits at the bottom without coiling up?

Are you using a pump controller? if so wack it up to max and let it run on full power until it starts to flow properly as sounds like the pump needs priming due to an air lock. Like wise if you use a hose reel this will need bleeding through aswell.

If that dosen't work then your pump might be on the way out.

4. gwindows

gwindows Member

hi smurf i have the , pure-freedom-trolley-nonreturn-strainer-kit on it, with the plastic pipe on the inlet pipe . tried running if full wack for a few minutes but still no water coming through .! don't use a hose reel but just an extension . i have a vertex connection on the outlet pipe which i plug the hose into , i usually plug a spare connection into the vertex connection and the water runs freely , then plug the hose into it !! will try the above again tomorrow see how i get on , the whole system was bought new in october nov time .
    cheers ,

5. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I had this a few times with my trolley. I had let it run dry and it needed priming. The easiest way I found to get it pumping water again was to pour some water down the pipe that leads to the pump. I found this freed the diaphragm up. Keep a small bottle of water with you just in case.

6. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I'm sure then it's just air in the system bud.
    Does it have a pump controller? If so have you set the dead end stop on it correctly as that will cause you issues too.

What make trolley is it?

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Would be a bit difficult to do on that setup Tuffers without taking the nonreturn valve & strainer off the end of the inlet hose first.

8. gwindows

gwindows Member

its the same as pure freedom one , it has pump controller i usually only have it on about 20 to use it unless i have the bigger pole on it and i have it on about no 32 for the 25ft pole .its been fine up until the other day , will try tufters method the mora if it happens

details below .
    • Heavy duty battery installed in the body of the trolley. No worry about running out of charge or damage.
    • Intelligent charger designed to keep your battery in peak condition, and no need to disconnect - simply plug in and forget!
    • Powerful 100psi Shurflo pump giving equivalent power to most van mounted commercial water fed pole systems – will easily handle poles up to 80ft.
    • Digital Flowmaster electronic pump controller featuring dead-end (stopped flow) detection, 100 flow rate settings, battery voltage readout, and easy operation.,

9. Smurf

Smurf Banned

I have a pf trolley and purge any air out as mentioned above in my origonal post. It dosen't take me that long to purge all air out of the system and thats connected to a 100m minibore hose reel. But I've found its quicker and best to purge all air out of the system first before purging air out of my hose reel.

10. gwindows

gwindows Member

tried that also but it was still pumping but no water coming through

Advertisement