Help With Quote For Unusual Job

Discussion in 'Advertising Offline/Online & Canvassing' started by paulio, Oct 10, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. paulio

paulio Active Member

Hi, i have been asked to clean 14 of these street lamps, inside and out. As u can see from one of the pics they are rank!! Has anyone cleaned anything like this before? Access is from the top, the lid flops over. It's a bit awkward to get to the inside glass. I've not cleaned anything like these before so not sure time wise how long it's going to take. Off the top of my head I was thinking around £5-7 per lamp? Too much??

Any info/ advice would greatly appreciated.

. image.jpg image.jpg

Paul

Advertisement
  2. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

£5 a lamp sounds pretty reasonable to me, and i reckon that muck would come off really easily tbh, is it a regular job?

3. mark m

mark m Hero

Awkward one to price mate ,if i was you when nobody is looking get a ladder up and see how easy it is to open the top and get your hand in , that way you will easy be able to see how long it is going to take you .

4. CNS-southwest

CNS-southwest Grand Master

Also don't forget your risk assessment, water and electrics don't go we'll

5. mark m

mark m Hero

you could always use H vikan easyshine pads lol

6. paulio

paulio Active Member

I doubt it is going to be regular. They ain't been done in a few years so its a once in a blue moon type job I reckon.

I did have a quick go at getting the top off mark, was okay, bit of a stretch to reach the inside of the glass, not sure how great a finish I could get on it. They are also full of dead wasps they want clearing out/ brushed away :/.

7. mark m

mark m Hero

sounds a bit of a night mare .get one of them car vacs to hoover it out might be quicker

8. GMcleaning

GMcleaning Guru

thats what i was going to suggest, battery powered car vac, then cloth them, and as cns said, be aware of the electrics

9. paulio

paulio Active Member

Yea I was thinking that about the car vac mark.

Might just hit them with £6 per lamp, gotta be worth that. Can see it taking 15 mins per lamp as they are rotten.

10. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

£20 each at least ! You gotta weigh up how much you would be earning if you were on the windows tbh ?

Advertisement