Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

brass fan jets?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clisty1989

anyone know of any good brass fan jets? I snapped one of my Gardiners jets today, forgot my spare brush so had to go over to my trad pole (definitely need a fliq) and would like some brass ones as they're stronger, preferably without needing to drill out the holes. Any help would be good, brush is in good state so don't want to trash it by drilling

I looked long and hard for decent metal ones and never found any I was happy with. My solution was to always carry a spare brush. I also made up a small repair kit for carrying out roadside repairs, just in case. I seldom need to use it but it has saved me from having to pack up and come home a couple of times.

I looked long and hard for decent metal ones and never found any I was happy with. My solution was to always carry a spare brush. I also made up a small repair kit for carrying out roadside repairs, just in case. I seldom need to use it but it has saved me from having to pack up and come home a couple of times.
usually o carry my gutter brush, which is a water genie brush with pencils, but today I forgot it after cleaning it. It's the second set of jets I've snapped, maybe Ill go back to pencil jets for a bit

I guess the part you're breaking is the barbed piece at the back of the brush. I've heard others say they've broken theirs at that spot.

Suggestion: Could you screw a guard of some sort to the brush that would take the knock. I've never needed to but I like using the fans so much I'd give it a try. Say a stainless steel screw alongside the barb, a few mm away of course. If you were worried about it causing damage you could always fit a piece of tube over it.

I guess the part you're breaking is the barbed piece at the back of the brush. I've heard others say they've broken theirs at that spot.

Suggestion: Could you screw a guard of some sort to the brush that would take the knock. I've never needed to but I like using the fans so much I'd give it a try. Say a stainless steel screw alongside the barb, a few mm away of course. If you were worried about it causing damage you could always fit a piece of tube over it.
once, other time i broke the actual jet off on a frame, have you tried the "economy" fan jets off cleaningspot? Just spotted them

once, other time i broke the actual jet off on a frame, have you tried the "economy" fan jets off cleaningspot? Just spotted them

Nope!

If you try them let us know how you get on with them and how they compare with the Gardiner ones.

My preference is for a wet fan of water rather than a mist of atomised water which is why I like the red Gardiner ones. 

Back