Help With Van Mount System

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by alex1987, Jun 25, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. alex1987

alex1987 Member

I have a 56 plate VW Caddy, which I plan to install a 400/500lt tank in. I need advice on how best to go about it and what I will need exactly. I buy my water from a supplier so will not need to install an RO, but maybe have a DI just as a polisher. can someone advise me on what the best equipment would be, bearing in mind I only do residential currently. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. OoO

OoO Guest

If you intend to fill the 400 or 500 you will be massively over weight. My friend has a 400 tank in his caddy and was stopped last year. Was overweight!

3. alex1987

alex1987 Member

I really doubt I would be over weight. My van has a 750kg payload. 400ltrs = 400kg, my weight 85kg, lets say another 100kg for bits, still leaves me 100kg short of the capacity

4. All Round Cleaning

All Round Cleaning Grand Master

Tank of diesel , sandwich box , wages .

Lol it all adds up ha ha .

5. rcproperty

rcproperty Hero

tank weight itself, tank frame weight, poles, hose reel and hose, just a hose reel can weigh upto 30kg when full of water, pumps, hose from tank to pump to hose reel, it all addeds up,

plus the weight of the di if you fit it,

6. alex1987

alex1987 Member

yeh the wages alone would take another 100kg haha

7. OoO

OoO Guest

400kg for water.
    20kg for frame
    85kg for you
    30kg for tank
    30kg for £30 worth of fuel.

Leaving 185kg for everything else.

FYI I would check your 750kg payload.

Only one caddy has a payload higher than 720kg and that is an 800kg payload.

8. alex1987

alex1987 Member

I was hoping for some information on what equipment I would need, for arguments sake lets just ignore the payload, I mean I can always get a smaller tank like 250ltrs. Just like some advice on products to have a basic van setup.

9. alex1987

alex1987 Member

I think your right it is 720kg not 750kg, you can thank wiki for that bit of information lol.

so that leaves me 150kg for pole and pump etc, but I would probably not fill the tank fully, leaving an extra 30kg-50kg of space.

having said all that, do you think that would be ok, and also what sort of stuff do I need, I've heard about relays for charging and so on, but I know little about the setup.

10. OoO

OoO Guest

Will let someone else answer then in detail. As you need to work out what you can carry before you can start offering equipment. Somebody will give you the wrong info and you will be driving around overweight.

For instance ionics 400 L would need a min pay load of about 850kg.

You could go down the pure freedom route.

Asking for a 400/500L system then next breath saying you can fit a
    250 tank doesn't make any sense.

I was trying to help. I have kitted out numerous vans ranging from DYI to tucker poles to ionics to
    Pure freedom and lastly helped on a grippa tank only last week.

Anyways good luck.

Advertisement