Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Leisure battery finito i think

WCF

Help Support WCF:

There is also the option of using your vans battery to get you through the next couple of days. There is another connector on most SCR's that will give you an 'always on' option. If you move the supply cable to your controller/pump from your leisure battery to this connector then you will run off your van battery.

But you will need to charge that every other day. When running a pump off our van batteries, we would only get 4 days service before the van battery was flat. We experienced this with 2 single operator vans - twice with my son's Peugeot Partner and once with my sil's Ford Connect van.

Wow a lot of info there spruce cheers for that mate, I think I might just buy a new battery then seems the best way to do it i don't think I will be driving 250miles anywhere anytime soon lol cheers spruce

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No probs. Glad to be able to help. I think that this is probably the best option given the circumstances.

My place where I got my battery was open today managed to order one coming in tomorrow morning [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

£80 which is a good price, my battery lasted all day then got to my last job got round to the side of the house and it stopped so I had to start the van up and run round the back of the house and clean the windows quick! No one nicked my van lol

I've heard of vans being nicked while windies working around the back of houses. They had a puzzled look on their face why the water had suddenly stopped:D

Yeah I was scared but thank **** I got away with it lol

Don't mate lol you should of seen how quick I cleaned the windows lol

I can just imagine that's why I said it /emoticons/biggrin.png

Don't mate lol you should of seen how quick I cleaned the windows lol

I have never tried it but I'm wondering if I could have the engine on but lock up the van with the remote buttons as the ignition key is separate.

I have never tried it but I'm wondering if I could have the engine on but lock up the van with the remote buttons as the ignition key is separate.
The police have a system fitted in their cars that allows the engine to run with the car unattended. Their warning hazardary uses a lot of current so the engine needs to run to stop the battery going flat. If anyone unauthorised gets in the car the engine cuts out.

So you can't nick a police car whilst the car is unattended on the motorway.

These gadgets used to be fitted at the police garage so we dealers never got to see them in action.

Never had them in the cars I drove unfortunately . More than once I have had to bump start a car after attending a road traffic incident. /emoticons/smile.png

Never had them in the cars I drove unfortunately . More than once I have had to bump start a car after attending a road traffic incident. /emoticons/smile.png
About a year ago I had an earlier appointment at the hospital. I walked past A & E on my way to the hospital entrance. Outside A & E was a police BMW estate with the engine running and no policeman around. An hour later after my appointment I walked back and that BMW was still in the same place with the engine running.

I was itching to get into it to see if it was also fitted with this theft prevention but my logical reasoning to the possible outcome thankfully overrode my curiosity. /emoticons/smile.png

There is an accessory that can be fitted to Porsches that allow the owner to start his car remotely without the key being in the ignition and the doors unlocked.

My daughter's Nissan Micra has a remote that allows her recognised entry. She doesn't use the key to start the car. There are a lot of models that have this remote recognition incorporated into the electronics. Nowadays it would be simple to link this to a clutch or gear lever sensor which will cut the engine if the fob isn't present.

Back