Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Where is best place to buy poles?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vinny vin

Sparkles
Looking for a new pole do like the look of the gardeners clx22 what's best value for money to use on a daily basis for most windows?

Well for gardiners, go to to the gardiner website. theres as few poles around i spent months researching and ummin n rrin but for value for money its hard to beat an slx if you want carbon. I went for the slx22 and love it, so much lighter, clamps are great, and its the perfect length for domestic plus if you ever need longer you can just buy extensions, ive just about managed for all of my round with one, some 2nd storey its at full stretch but not been caught short yet, some would suggest the slx 25 but its not as compact and obv heavier. Personal opinion = slx 22 for residential, perhaps an extreme if you can afford it?

I do have a few 3rd story but most my work is 2nd story do have a 31ft pole it's a bit nakered so only use it if I have to for them awkward ones. I've watched the video for the gardiners pole and does look the business to be fair, my problem is that my poles slides up and down after a few months only so many times you can keep tightening it.

there is a thread on here tonight about most of us suffering from sore arms

dont buy cheap get yourself slx 22ft it will cover most of your graft, and its light

Buy the best pole you can afford , I bought my Phoenix ul 26 from pure freedom . Good pole . Next pole will be a gardiner pole ,, not sure but ,looking at the extreme / slx poles

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an SLX 25 as i find it reaches almost everything apart from town houses for which i use an SLX 35. The 25 reaches well over all conservatory's to reach the windows above them. This combo suits my needs

Cheers fellas yeh I agree if you buy cheap you get what you pay for, I bought a load of squeegees as I've acquired quite a few commercial internal windows i paid £19.99 for a 10,14,18inch and comes with bucket off eBay but I think if I rubbed a sausage down the glass it would work better than them shite.

Why are you rubbing sausages across peoples windows Vinny ? People get locked up for less ...
Mate don't lock it till you have tried it, just Be careful when you do it to those leaded windows can get a bit sore on them

Back