HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Dale H, Jun 10, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Dale H

Dale H Newcomer

I'm still fairly new to window cleaning and this week bought a 2nd hand Aquafactors 1000l system. When I saw it I was given a demonstration and saw it working, however, I went to start it up this evening and nothing!!! I'm really worried!

I'm charging the battery and I'm praying this rectifies the issue. I've attached some pics in case anyone can see if i'm doing anything wrong and would appreciate any help.

IMAG3776
    IMAG3775
    IMAG3774
    IMAG3773

Cheers,

Dale

Advertisement
  2. peter rogers

peter rogers Grand Master

get a ` volt tester onto the battery

is anything happening ? like pumps startin but nop water ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Re check all your wiring. Mine likes to have the occasional fit when I knock a ground wire loose the the controller wont go.

So use another battery first to make sure its not the battery then start tracing your wires to make sue all circuits are complete.

Have you examined the fuses made sure they are good?

4. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

5. Green Pro Clean Ltd

On both pumps ay same time? Possible but not probable.

6. Solarpanelcleanington

Solarpanelcleanington Forum Addict

If it's not an electrical fault, then an air lock is certainly a consideration?

Or a valve or stop connector?

7. Andy

Andy Forum Addict

It could be the battery was drained the controllers you have drain power from the battery even when turned off. If it works after the battery is charged disconnect battery at the end of each day I have same type of controller but digital. Also if it runs squash the kink out of the green hose after the resin bottle.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

On those old analogue controllers they are switched on and off by pressing the rotary switch. Turning the rotary switch increases or decreasing flow rate.

I think the wiring needs redoing.

Fitting proper battery terminals with ring terminal connectors and higher amp rated cabling with fuse holders is a must. Williamson pumps fitted them with 10 amp fuses for each pump and controller set.

I'm not saying this is the problem but that connector on the positive battery clamp looks very suspicious.

When replacing battery terminals you have to make sure the have the polarity right. If you put the negative clamp on the postive battery post and the positive clamp on the negative post then you will fry both controllers, even if they are switched off.

9. spruce

spruce Grand Master

Gav made on comment on those di vessel 'beauties'. That got me wondering about how you are planning to process your water.

I don't know what the tds of the water is in Neath but if your are going di only and you have hard water, your resin costs are going to be very high.

-

10. Dale H

Dale H Newcomer

Wow guys, what an amazing response, loads of helpful comments and an a great community spirit!

Ok, where to start, the battery is being charged, so will give that a try. I'm guessing I should put it on a split relay? Any advice?

TDS in this area is 45 on a very good day and 70 on a bad. That had me wondering, I have a 3rd Di vessel, would I be better off using that to fill the tank, therefore the water in the tank would be pure and the larger vessels wouldn't have as much to do?

There seemed to be no power going to the pumps, the fuse seemed fine, would I be OK connecting to the van battery to test?

Think it may be worth having an electrician to look at it!

Thanks again for your help,

Dale

Advertisement