Help

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Amos, Jul 28, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Amos

Amos Member

Hi guys I have been cleaning traditionally for 20 years now I have to get the WFP system as I do very posh school in Surrey . Due to health and safety issues I need to poll system and I haven't got a clue about it as anybody got any ideas what sort of system I need hard water area et cetera The more I read up about WFP system the more confused I get ie ro or di ? What is the best system to use moneywise as it is a lot of money to fork out I hope you understand what I mean any information would be very much appreciated !!!!

Advertisement
  2. Amos

Amos Member

The pole system I meant lol

3. Taxlossloz

Taxlossloz Grand Master

If you give a few more specifics you may get some help but it's a bit of a general question
    Search previous threads for basics then ask some questions which are particular to your needs

4. Clisty1989

Clisty1989 Forum Addict

First you need your tds reading, you can buy a decent meter for around 20 quid. If less them 100ppm you can go di only. Anything over 100 go ro, otherwise youll burn through resin.
    As for setup if you are only going to do the school you could get away with a trolley or backpack and a few jerrycans. I use a backpack daily with no dramas. As for a pole if you only going up 3 storeys then a 27ft composite pole would be the cheapest option. With a tds of 50ish i got a di vessel with resin, water genie backpack, 27ft barracuda pole, male and female rectus fittings, and 4 jerrycans. Cost me 450 quid and your good to go from the cleaning warehouse. As for ro im not sure as i dont need one.

5. Amos

Amos Member

Thank you so much clisty very helpful!!

6. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Might also be worth finding out if you have a supplier of pure water near you. There's a supplier near me who sells it at £2/100ltrs. Every time I go there for bits n bobs there's always someone there filling up.

7. Amos

Amos Member

What a brilliant idea cheers mate it is so expensive to set up by the system and the van etc I am looking on eBay for a window cleaning van do you think that will be better ? Cheers mate !

8. mark

mark Forum Addict

harvest rain water & run it through your di,we get enough of it!!!

9. WW2015

WW2015 Member

Where abouts are you Amos? I'm based in Godalming so if you would like to sub contract the job or work with me on it I'd be glad to help out.

10. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Whether you go for a van or stick with a car is very much a choice for you. If you stick with a car or small van, it needs to be able to carry a fair bit of water safely. Water is heavy and you don't want 25ltr barrels of water flying about inside the vehicle in the event of an accident. I don't use an estate car for this reason. I use a saloon with a large boot.
    I can get six barrels (150ltrs) in the boot with the trolley (Freedom trolley). If I need to I can put another two barrels in the car in the footwells (They get used first). I also live local to where I work which means it's easy for me to refill if need be.
    If your round is like mine, all residential and quite compact then a decent sized car will work. However, if you have commercial work as well which it sounds like you do, then I would imagine that at the very least you will be looking for a small van.

Advertisement