Help

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by M.K Cleaners.co.uk, Aug 22, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

I just went and cleaned my own windows again WFP.(3rd time) Theres spots EVERY WHERE!

They came out perfect last time, I dont know whats went wrong, Im getting worried about a house I done with the WFP a few days ago. Thing is ill be going round to collect the money tonight. If there in the same mess as mine Ive no chacne of getting paid lol

There nothing wrong with the water, I checked it. Theres nothing wrong with the TDS meter I just got it the other day.

Advertisement
  2. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

The house i done the other day was really bad tho, Could there still have been some dirt left on the brush?

3. Paul

Paul Guest

How are you cleaning them? Scrub the frame, then the glass then rinse the whole lot?

4. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

This is a house in the same block I done, the windows were worse than this.

p.s I cleaned the other window with a squegee

Attached Files:

5. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

scrub frame, rinse frame, clean glass, rinse the lot

6. Paul

Paul Guest

Man that's bad the wouldn't even be that bad with the water at 100ppm, your brush doesn't have anything on it does it Luke Virosol or summet

7. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

That not the window, thats similar to the window I cleaned last with the brush lol, I just game the brush a rinse out I think its safe to say that was the cause. The water in the bucket was black after I dipped the brush head in and gave it a shake all the dirt and debris started coming off it.

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

This is what I was talking about

Attached Files:

9. Paul

Paul Guest

Ah lol thought that was the window, I've had that White spot that bad when I had Virosol left on my brush, is it a new brush you got? Cos it shouldn't be that dirty I only clean mine once a month

10. spruce

spruce Grand Master

I'm afraid you are chasing your tail with frames and paintwork like this. Pure water will be leeching the oxidised paint out of whats left of the paint as well as the exposed putty.
    The trick with these windows is glass only and be very accurate with the rinse water and lower water flow to stop splashing and overspray. Do the top 2 window panes only and then do the very tops of the lower window/s behind the transom bar and then move onto the next window following the same procedure.

When the top panes have finished drying down/dripping, then start again and do the bottom window pane/panes. Try to keep away from the transom bar as it will create further contaminated water spots.

By then hopefully the windows should be ok at the very top and wouldn't need any more attention this time.

I know this is going against the principle of WFP, but if you can safely do them off ladders, it maybe a quicker option with less hassle. Drop them once you have enough work if they haven't sorted the paintwork out.

Advertisement