Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Scottish Newbie

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

Hi all, my names Donny and i run " Donnys Cleaning Services" in the western Isles of Scotland, for the last 7 years ive been busy building up my business consisting of wheelie bin cleaning rounds and powerwashing roofs paths driveways etc as well as painting and sealing roofs, have 1 employee and a nissan primastar van kitted out with the wheelie bin unit and a Honda 13 hp powerwasher as well as a trailer to tow my other powerwashers and gear about, so what am i doing on a window cleaning forum then lol ?

Well on my bin rounds i was constantly getting asked if i cleaned windows so i started researching the business online , sussing out that i wanted a van with a wfp pole unit a heater of some kind ( it gets mighty cauld this far north ) and as i live in a soft water area a di to purify my water, found a van in Chesterfield and as the fella had a ro system in his garage he installed a di vessel and resin in van for me as well, spec of van is

Nissan Primastar lwb, 650 litre Facelift tank, 2 microbore 100m reels, 100psi shuriflow pump, di vessel, Poseidon lpg water heater and flue he also threw in a 27' Gardiner pole and brush , ive bought since i got van some trad gear buckets scrims etc and a Brodex 36' hydra pole and brush ( heavier than Gardiner and a bit off a workout so will be a spare i reckon lol ) also got a TDS meter and outa the tap our water is 0.090ppm and after running through the resin its 0.000 /emoticons/smile.png and tank fills up in a half hour /emoticons/smile.png so all good to go soon.

Ive been practicing first on my own hoose and some friends and family and the system does a good job so im happy with it gonna start leafletting and advertising soon and just give the world of window cleaning a bash , currently ive been caught out by the first frost off the winter and the van is frozen ootside so im putting a oil filled rad in the back too defrost it all and hope its all ok when its warmed up, luckily i covered it all in blankets as i wassnae gonna use the van till id done some practice with the gear so hopefully be ok , so wish me luck and im sure ill be asking some dumb greenhorn questions till i get some experience so bear wi me and as we say up here in the highlands SLAINTE virtual drinks on me /emoticons/smile.png

welcome to the forum donny ,i also clean wheeliebins windows powerwashing etc , i might have a few questions for you

hi donny im using the freshbins trailer , a great bit of kit , what have you got
Im using a Nissan Primastar with a unit made by Spectrum in Stonehaven, (now defunct) ill put some pics on soon, works real well, simple and efficient, use a 13hp Honda and Interpump geared pump and a Hotbox to heat the water for the Organic bin cleans (yuk) works well though /emoticons/smile.png , has a 4 stage filtration system.

Back