HELP

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by azzy, Feb 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. azzy

azzy Guest

Want to change to waterfed system (back pack or trolley) - any advice on if this is good system and if anyone gets complaints?

Please dont tell me they are great then ask me to buy from you - :D

Want to know if this is a good way forward

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. chip

chip Guru

sorry, which system? you did'nt put a link up

3. azzy

azzy Guest

?? just the waterfed pole system which comes on back pack or trolley (pole brush thing) - Im unsure of exact terms or name.....

4. chip

chip Guru

oh sorry, i thought you meant specific company. anyway it's yes to both- wfp is good and you get people complain, half the time the complaint is ludicrous, but there are some windows that give you grief. my honest opinion is, 50% of the time the results on the glass are the same, and sometimes wfp gives a better result and sometimes trad. wfp is faster (usually) but dearer to run.
    there are lots of options and paths to go down, first you need to know your water quality, and how much you can spend on a system

5. azzy

azzy Guest

thanks chip il check water type now ... i been told that these handheld trolley tyoe or back back type are in the region of 300 pounds ??? How do u mean dearer to run? With these things I assume u pumd water urself?? Cud be wrong - I never used them.. Been a trad for * years - the ladders are just gettin too dodgey now... cheers :D[hr]
    god my typing is awful :)

6. chip

chip Guru

dearer to run, when i was trad my eqpt costs were less than 100 per year (unless i needed a new ladder! ) with wfp there is more things to repair/replace/upgrade eg it cost me about 15-20 a month on resin, that'll go down once i replace my membranes, but that'll be 70 quid (don't worry that's every few years! ) pumps poles etc all wear out and cost more than a 5 quid scrim (again don't worry it's not every 2 minutes or anything daft)
    but yeah you could but a backpack for under 200, a decent pole and brush from gardiners for about the same and if you only need di you could have a basic set up to start you off for 500 notes or less and build on that if you decide it's for you.
    badbusdriver, a chap on here seems pretty usefull for the diy route, so hopefully he'll be on later with a bit of advice.

7. azzy

azzy Guest

thanks you sssssooooooooo much chum. Ok struggling to find watertype but il get there. You recommend any sites to see this stuff ??

So basically I could lose a few customers when I start using this system - Im moving to it regardless.. Ladders are just to dangerous now and tiring :) I imagine the neck and shoulders would get sore lookin up etc - Im a total no nothing about this system guy/

obviously i will be trad for bottoms :)

[hr]
    any other tips or advice from other viewers wud be appreciated :)

8. chip

chip Guru

if you do bottoms trad you'll probably get very few whiners, most will accept the h+s aspect.
    usefull suppliers include gardiners, esp for poles and brushes, peter fogwill of window-tools, and purefreedom. there are others but names fail me at the mo

9. azzy

azzy Guest

you are a star

10. chip

chip Guru

you're too kind (don't stop :) )

Advertisement