Here's A Good One - Sacked Myself Today!

Discussion in 'Traditional Window Cleaning' started by rugbywolf, Nov 16, 2012.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. rugbywolf

rugbywolf Forum Addict

I pulled up at one of my customers today, the house stands alone and I was at the back of my van getting my stuff out, when the man of the house came out and said to leave them this time. Had a quick glance at the house, could see no builders, painters, block-pavers, new windows (you know the score), so asked him why. He said his wfe wasn't dressed yet. I looked at him, thought he was joking, and said are you serious, he said yes, she was still in bed (11:45 am). I said OK and began putting my stuff away, and he said you can come back later if you want. I said no thanks, left and crossed him off my list.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

lol classic. I got a couple people work nights so I asked which room they sleep in and I make sure I'm extra quiet round that side of house.

3. Gmeister

Gmeister Grand Master

Its hard isnt it to be quiet with ladders lol

4. swas

swas Active Member

can i have everyones cast offs please.

5. Kips

Kips Well-Known Member

you'll be doing a lot of driving, swas! But i've got one you can have in Congham, Norfolk - right fussy bs'tard he was!

6. swas

swas Active Member

i have a helicopter in my mansion grouds

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Haha, loving they way people are taking no ****.

I'm going to start being like this :D

8. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

Went round to collect some money off a lady the other day and she said "Hey, can you come back, my dog must of chewed up your card, and I wasn't expecting you!"... Abit like saying to your teacher that your dog chewed up ya homework lol

9. rjacandwc

rjacandwc Well-Known Member

I sack one or two from time to time... I think november is a funny month. Christmas is coming and you always get the odd person who thinks that the weather has made it so the windows do not need cleaning anymore. My advise is to sack anyone who messes you about. When starting out get what you can. But. once you have a round of say 200+ customers A customer base)... Dropping one or two will not hurt!... You will always find the work elsewhere. I do one area of houses and people say to me that they have struggled to find a regular window cleaner for years... And now i know why - they want the windows cleaned for Free lol... , I find older customers better. They are always in, they look forward in seeing you, pay well etc etc. People who mess you about... Drop em'... Self Motivation is the key to success in self employment and people who mess you about will only jilt your confidence... Window Cleaning has been around since Windows were put in houses. they get dirty in the winter, summer all year round, they need cleaning fact... Anyone who thinks any different are full of it!!!!

10. Belfastcleaning

Belfastcleaning Grand Master

You should have said..

It's nothing I haven't seen before mate!

Advertisement