Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A random call...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clearview Lee

Hi all.

I just got a random phone call from a roof cleaning company who's guys are there present still on a job. They're asking me if I'd go and clean the big house with two conservatories + roofs tomorrow.

My question is, how does one go about this?? I mean, it all sounded legit, but would u just do it and trust you'll get paid or???

What's the standard procedure here??

Thanks in advance.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Ask them when you will be paid for completing the job and detail what your expecting to be paid. Maybe they took on too much work and need to subcontract it out.

Definitely get something in writing, either a written quote and signed by them or an email with them confirming it. Make sure you get the details of the owner and the company. That's what I'd do anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate taking on jobs like this for that reason. I get worried when i do bigger jobs for regular customers when they say ill pay online.

Insist on cash or at least a cheque on the day if its a one off.

Always speak with the person authorised to agree costs either in person or by phone , send a quote by email or write out your quote including payment terms which you want signed agreed / also known as a purchase order , and get all the relevant company details .

What's my way of working with others and how I deal with subcontractors from me which I do frequently

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks all.

I got in and researched them. Family run firm. I sent through a quote, and their communication was proficient and professional. They text, emailed, and rang me.

Did the job in 2 hours - £120 and paid in the bank within 2 hours (y)

Thanks again all!

Good to hear it turned out well. When i was subbed I did every communication either by email or text so it was all recorded as it was 60 day payment terms, But I would have been equally cautious on a rush job and typically turn them down without question as I can't be bothered with them usually.

I hate taking on jobs like this for that reason. I get worried when i do bigger jobs for regular customers when they say ill pay online.

Insist on cash or at least a cheque on the day if its a one off.
Off the subject a little but for one offs that aren't on my books then its cash upon completion. As for regular clients for a F.S.G etc then I just collect due payment through GoCardless.

Latest Posts

Back