Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pixxxxssed off is an understament

WCF

Help Support WCF:

tench0771

gear box has gone on my vivaro took it to my manick to day he sad there is something searsly rong with it so ive drove it home its on the drive now vauxhall r guna have a look at it on monday next week to c what is rong with it and c if its coverd under warnty !!!all i can say is it beta b other wise im guna go ape sxxxhit lucky my other half has a car i can use to keep me wrking had to get a roof rack to nte £105 ive got my bk pk and 25l drums in it redy to go so at least i can still wrk ,any way rant over

theres a bloke near me has a business just mending gearboxes, most towns have a guy like that who can rebuild a box not as pricey as you might think

gear box has gone on my vivaro took it to my manick to day he sad there is something searsly rong with it so ive drove it home its on the drive now vauxhall r guna have a look at it on monday next week to c what is rong with it and c if its coverd under warnty !!!all i can say is it beta b other wise im guna go ape sxxxhit lucky my other half has a car i can use to keep me wrking had to get a roof rack to nte £105 ive got my bk pk and 25l drums in it redy to go so at least i can still wrk ,any way rant over
Feel your pain tenchy, mine is off the road all day tomorrow. I pranged the sump and I need a new one, mechanic says the glue/gasket needs 24 hours to seal. I thought about using my trolley and barrels but thought nah I'll have a day off.

Feel your pain tenchy, mine is off the road all day tomorrow. I pranged the sump and I need a new one, mechanic says the glue/gasket needs 24 hours to seal. I thought about using my trolley and barrels but thought nah I'll have a day off.
thats a bummer m8 hope it gets bk on road asap blady hate it when van goes rong lol grrrrrr

Not as simple as 'it's a Vivaro hence it's cr@p' Stevie. I do wish you'd stop the carte blanche slating of them as we both know that the engine size has a lot to do with it.

Not to insult your mechanic @tench0771 but it's not something as straight forward as the linkage is it? This is the most common gear box fault and can be sorted with a £10 part off eBay and 2 screws and 10 mins simple DIY.

If you need a VID to assess it let me know I'll pop one on YouTube later tonight.

In my professional opinion mate they are ****

But look good and drive well

But it is common knowledge these vans can suffer a lot of problems

Not as simple as 'it's a Vivaro hence it's cr@p' Stevie. I do wish you'd stop the carte blanche slating of them as we both know that the engine size has a lot to do with it.
Not to insult your mechanic @tench0771 but it's not something as straight forward as the linkage is it? This is the most common gear box fault and can be sorted with a £10 part off eBay and 2 screws and 10 mins simple DIY.

If you need a VID to assess it let me know I'll pop one on YouTube later tonight.
a vid would b good m8 if thats ok im hoping its not unffin to pricy or the warnty covers it lol when u jack the van up an spin the wheel u can here like cogs clonking and it dont sound rite?when u drive it tho its not that loud kinda like a bearing sound like wheel bearing sorta thing

a vid would b good m8 if thats ok im hoping its not unffin to pricy or the warnty covers it lol when u jack the van up an spin the wheel u can here like cogs clonking and it dont sound rite?when u drive it tho its not that loud kinda like a bearing sound like wheel bearing sorta thing
Would that noise be the anti roll bars?

What i'm describing would not give you any sounds, your gear box feels like jelly and you cant select any gears at all.

Is it not worth just popping down to the local friendly mechanics to take it round the block and give an opinion.

Mate can't believe it.....the gear linkage just come adrift tonight! !...cable tied it on to get home....have you got a link to video and parts bud:thumbsdown:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
it defo sounds like gear box @Tuffers my ges its the diff bearing gone!!ill keep u all updated ill no buy monday evening wat the scor is ive now desided once this van is payed off im guna chop it in for a toyota haice lol never geting a van in finance again i tell ya as im paying £200pm for it an i cant even use the dam thing rote now grrrr

What i'm describing would not give you any sounds, your gear box feels like jelly and you cant select any gears at all.
Is it not worth just popping down to the local friendly mechanics to take it round the block and give an opinion.
my gears all fiel fine they go in easy no clunking at all thats y im thinking diff maby as u can here the noise when role forwould even with it out of gear

e999493999e37bfb8de873945274e2a7.jpg
would never buy another one again even new ones are terrible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@silversurfer I have the exact same piece of kit @spruce has linked you to there.

Garages wanted £200 plus for new linkages and this was less than £10 and 5 mins to install.

Since fitted I have been to Cornwall and back London and back on 3 occasions spent a month driving Birmingham and back daily and so on. It is a solid fix mate.

Latest Posts

Back