Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Local Newspaper Adds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

That's quite reasonable. How many readers do they get? Will you be the only window cleaner in the paper?

There are no others in there, bear in mind I don't jut do window /emoticons/smile.png

It's a free papers that is posted to every homes writhing a 3 mile radius of me /emoticons/smile.png

Hit and miss.. I booked 3 months I think was around £60 for a small colour ad.. Month 1 no calls, month 2 no calls, paper rang me and asked if I wanted tr next 3 months? I said no way Iv just wasted £120 so far! Month 3 I got my money back just.. I'm out

There's a local trade type pamphlet that comes out once a month round here. I think it's £27 plus VAT for a quarter page which is about the size of A7. They cover loads of areas and you choose which area you want your ad in, and each area has a distribution of around 4200. I'm going to go for it next month and have two areas.

With newspaper advertising, if your going to do it, you have to go in there regularly - try haggling - I worked for Johnstone press, we could never negotiate on the classified, but I reckon you could now. Did they give you the price, per single column centimetre? How many insertions is that?

There's a local trade type pamphlet that comes out once a month round here. I think it's £27 plus VAT for a quarter page which is about the size of A7. They cover loads of areas and you choose which area you want your ad in, and each area has a distribution of around 4200. I'm going to go for it next month and have two areas.
I've been in something similar for a couple of years now at £30 per month. The way I look at it is that the first thirty quids worth of work that I got from it pays for the ad. I got that within a couple of months so I see it as paid for and just keep it in. I probably pick up maybe one job a month from it do it's been worthwhile.

Door knocking is still more effective though!

Hmmmm ok then. I would get advertising in every small shop you can think off then.

We have a deal with two so far.

I clean windows once a month. And they put an a4 poster up.

Both shops are in a village. So glass stays very clean. Plus if doors get bad. I quickly wipe them over.

Hmmmm ok then. I would get advertising in every small shop you can think off then.
We have a deal with two so far.

I clean windows once a month. And they put an a4 poster up.

Both shops are in a village. So glass stays very clean. Plus if doors get bad. I quickly wipe them over.
Is yours the only advert in the window?

Just remember every call you get asking for a quote ask the customer how did you find me...? If then 20 clients say through your add and you got £200 business keep it up. If no one says the ad dump it and put it down to testing... Good luck hope it goes well for you /emoticons/smile.png

Is yours the only advert in the window?
No, but all others are max size of A6. My one is A4.

The work these generate is seasonal and tends to be one off's. But good earners!

Back