Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Ladder Roof Stabiliser For Gutter Cleaning

S

sdrah

Hi - I got a gutter cleaning job in two weeks - however is my very first clean - and not sure whether to take it or not - as I dont really have the right tools/equipment .

I saw on youtube a ladder attachment which allow you to get the ladder in the roof tiles instead just leaning it to the wall . So you have an easy access to clean gutters. I dont have that . IAre there any other methods to clean gutters traditionally ?

And another question which sounds silly but - how clean the gutters actually have to be ? I mean - is it enough to use a scoop and leave them debris free - or I have to pressure wash them after - to leave them in as new condition ?

thanks

I do the same as Posh.
Ladder stand off £17.99

Rubber gloves £1.50

Scoop £2.00

Bucket £1.50

You can pick it all up from ebay
yeah - that's what I need a ladder stand off : )

thanks

Just bought one on ebay : P

For much safer gutter clearing I would recommend a microlite stand-off that can rest on roof tiles and ankalad stabaliser fitted to the ladder as shown in pic below.

View attachment 2015

Chaps do telll me how you would clear the guttering on the front of this house safely just by using a normal stand-off and ladder? :rolleyes:

Before clearing gutters and cleaning all plastic

View attachment 2016

After

View attachment 2017

Simply get the right kit for the job to make it easier and safer to do /emoticons/wink.png

Smurf , do you use a special chemical and tools to clean the PVC guttering and facia or just soap and water and elbow grease. cheers.

Cheers smurf. Tried to find the price, couldn't. What is the price for 5 litres. Can you also use it for cleaning windows?

I use ubik also on first cleans on frames and sills also on filthy glass but you have to make sure it doesn't dry out and you rinse it off really well with pure or could end up staining the glass. Also is very good to stop what I call seal bleed that is when black water comes from the seals when cleaning. By just giving the seals a good scrub with ubik will help stop the seals from bleeding.

Cheers smurf. Tried to find the price' date=' couldn't. What is the price for 5 litres. Can you also use it for cleaning windows?[/i']

Thanks for the vid H man

When I was looking for a good quality stand-off I did see that one being sold in other countries but could not find it in the UK. Only one I found was a cheap plastic diy version with the same name that you can't use on roof tiles. Hence why I bought a mircolite stand-off as is also the UK industry standard used here that is rated class 1.

Yes I sure they are fine. Anyway Smurf while we are on ladder safety , could you recommend a good ladder stopper ? I did see a yellow painted one that was supposed to be good for concrete surface but cant remember the name.

The only thing I use now on the bottom of the ladder is an ankalad (blue outrigers on my ladder in pic) costs about £100 http://www.laddersafetysupplies.co.uk/stabiliser.shtml

The Ankalad is a brilliant bit kit and found it to be the safest method of stabalising a ladder on slippery surfaces too.

Just so happens that a new Ankalad is listed on ebay unused http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ankalad-Ladder-Stabiliser-Brand-New-in-Box-/271168062664?pt=UK_H_G_Ladders_RL&hash=item3f22e044c8

Yes I sure they are fine. Anyway Smurf while we are on ladder safety , could you recommend a good ladder stopper ? I did see a yellow painted one that was supposed to be good for concrete surface but cant remember the name.

I don't know how big the scoops are, but in my experience gutters do vary, and also access is sometimes difficult as the roof tiles/slates and also the felt gets in the way. I have a long and very slim trowel which I find most effective. As to what you use to clean, the same stuff that I use to clean the windows. A good tip, when cleaning any plastic frames, doors, barge boards etc., buff up with a clean microfibre cloth all the flat surfaces when dry.

Back