Hi All

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by NKK, Mar 30, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. NKK

NKK Newcomer

Hi All,

I'm not working at this yet but am getting more and more obsessed and excited about quitting my job in the bank and going out doing this. A friend of mine is doing quite well out of it though he started doing because he was made redundant, I on the other hand have a permanent full time job but I hate it and it is soul destroying.

I intended to do a dry run next Saturday and canvass an area to see if I can get some business. I have my full time job so not sure what I will do if I actually get a few jobs.

I don't have a van or any fancy equipment just a normal car. I can see myself working at it and in a few years getting commercial work. I've been looking at loads of youtube videos, checking out local cleaners websites etc as research.

If anyone has any words of advice I'd love to hear it

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

My words of advice:
    If you want it go get it
    Head down chin up go for it
    Knock doors
    Get some work
    Do the work (go sick if you have to)
    You'll be busy in no time
    I believe in this game you get out of it what you put in..

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. norm

norm Grand Master

good luck :thumbsup:

4. Simply Business

Simply Business Well-Known Member
    Supplier

Some great words of advice/encouragement there from daveyboy1. Best of luck NKK!

5. NKK

NKK Newcomer

This is a great forum. Loads of good stuff to read. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions! Thanks so much

6. kahoona

kahoona Well-Known Member

NKK welcome aboard, great thing with window cleaning is that you don't need to spend a lot of money on expensive tools, to get started, you can kick with a couple of hundred pounds max investment and try is out to see if its for you. Vans and water fed poles can come later if you wish. good luck and keep us updated.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome
    I agree with what daveyboy1 has already said but will also like to add
    its not for the faint hearted as can be dangerous work & bloody hard graft compared to an office job and to start with will probably pay a lot less.

I dont no what you are expecting money wise from this but most don't earn a great deal at it.
    Also helps if you have a bit of money to fall back on too as building a round to generate enough of an income to pay the bills and keep a roof over your head can take longer sometimes than ppl think.

If it was that easy everyone one would be cleaning windows for a living.

Good luck :thumbsup:

8. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

If everyone knew how easy it was smurf we would be knackered

It is very easy if you go about it the right way
    I know many windies who scrape a living with cheap prices and half arsed attempts at getting work
    The cleaning is the easy bit
    Pricing correctly is hard and you have to go at the canvassing tooth and nail

9. NKK

NKK Newcomer

I'm over the other side of the pond. My mate charges €25 for a standard 3 bedhouse, will add on 5 or 10 euro if there is an extension or conservatory. And bigger houses up from there. He says think €30 per hour. I know it will take a lot of canvassing and work to get the business up to what I want

10. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

I don't get what you're saying there Smurf.

Advertisement