Hi All...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Reach N Shine (Kent), Apr 11, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Reach N Shine (Kent)

Well I decided 2 weeks ago to bite the bullet. I have worked as employed by a window cleaning company for 8 months, I have been thinking for a while 'I can do this on my own'o_O after researching alot into starting up as a sole trader, I worked my notice and ending my job last Friday, tempting to start on my own today, didnt go to plan so first day knocking will be tomorrow. Everything is set up in the van (water fed pole system), tank filled today, website is live, just need customers. Being scared is a understatement with a family of 5 and jumping from security to the unknown, so any help or advise would be much appreciated. As you can tell I do talk alot :whistle: so talking to potential customers isnt a issue, but what i am stumped on is which is the easiest way to keep a planner of eek to week without a software (yet). Thanks all and hopefully will learn alot from this forum. :thumbsup:

Advertisement
  2. Elliot

Elliot Active Member

Good luck . Book. And pen and diary .

3. steve garwood

steve garwood ginger lion

Howdie and congratulations on being the millionth newbie this week. Never seen so many people wanting to be windies :eek:
    Good luck

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Damo666

Damo666 Member

Hello and good luck, if I were you I would try to buy some work from other wc to start you off, knock as much as possible, post some flyers and keep fingers crossed. Buying is the quickest way to get work but obviously is the most expensive as well

5. Reach N Shine (Kent)

Yea that was one of my big decision thought as this time of year everyone comes out the wood work and a little bit of sun and there's 25 new window cleaners knocking doors on one road, it's a big gamble but hey ho gotta be in it to win it..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. TolishAPurd

Pound the streets, advertise, and do everything you can to get work, but dont go in cheap or you'll regret it. Dont worry about how to organise your work right now, its the least of your worries, pen an notebook will do the jon for a good while. Good luck to you.

7. dasslr1

dasslr1 94 to go

8. chris clean

chris clean Active Member

Good luck mate if you work hard and do a good job you have no worries

9. boarcity

boarcity Guest

"put out several lines in the water" [in the search for work]

keep that phrase in your mind- you wont go far wrong then

10. Green Pro Clean Ltd

Welcome.
    Just wondering why you didnt canvass a few customers before quitting a secure job?

Advertisement