Hi All

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Squidy, Dec 20, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Squidy

Squidy Guest

Hi, ive been window cleaning coming up 10 years next summer, just looking at some advise on the unger ninja squeegees.

has anyone got experience after moving on from other squeegees?
    are they suppose to work like a wagtail?
    and whats the idea behind the channel height settings?

they look cool but at almost twice the cost of a standard ergo-tec are they worth it?

Advertisement
  2. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

hey welcome to the forum

3. ostler123

ostler123 Guest

I know Ergo Tec Ninja Squeegee which is given below

The lightweight aircraft alloy channel will not flex or bend and provides perfect pressure distribution. Its deep profile gives excellent water removal.

New Smartclip end clips allow for two rubber positions (lower position for short channels and higher position for the longer channels and for pole work).

Rubber replacement with the Smart clips is a simple one-handed operation even when wearing gloves. Their plastic construction prevents damage to window surrounds.

The Trilok channel locking system allows the channel to be moved but without the risk of the channel falling out. Position 1 is fully locked, Position 2 allows the channel to slide but not fall out and Position 3 is for removal of the channel.

The ergonomically shaped handle is lightweight and is fitted with an anti-slip rubber surface. The handle will lock on to the Unger locking cone and has a 180 degree swivel function.

4. laddergarder

I bought a few of these a couple of months ago, and after about a week of use, I switched back to the normal unger angled squeegees.

There really isn't any improvement on the design over the regular squeegee.

1. You can easily remove the channels with the normal squeegee, so why the change to the clipping mechanism. To me it just looks like they redesigned it so it will wear more and they will sell more squeegees.

There is a rubber friction pad that the clamp rubs against when it locks in place, this will eventually start to wear.

2. You don't really need end clips at all with the regular squeegee, just switch from a angled to a 0 degree squeegee for pole work, it will prob be faster than messing around with the end clips.

3. You cant change the swivel without getting out a 20 pence piece to unscrew the bolt, the normal squeegee has a thumb screw which is easier and you don't have to worry about carrying 20p, faster as well.

4. They are punting a black holster so you can fit the new squeegee into. This has been miss-sold, the normal green holsters are the exact same size, so you really dont need the black holsters if you already have a green standard one.

After about a week of use I found these squeegees clunky and slow to use. Because it is all black and with the bulky end clips, you cant really see the end of the rubber. I found due to this, I was bumping the squeegee against the frame more, causing the rubber to lift of the glass slightly giving me more work to detail.

If you are still planning on buying a few of these, I have two, with a couple of different sized channels, I will sell you them, half what ever I have paid for them, and just stick them on ebay, but honestly they are waste of money.

Hope that helps

Ladder Garder

Welcome to the forum.

5. A.K WINDOWS

i cant realy see what difference it makes a squeegee is a squeegee if you use good rubber thats what matters i use a pulex squeegee stainless steel.with unger rubber.

if anyone can tell me any difference im all ears lol.

Advertisement