Hi everyone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Jackwindowcleaner, Mar 16, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Jackwindowcleaner

Evening everyone,

My names Jack I'm 22 living in Surrey and I'm in the very early stages of trying to start a window cleaning company. First time I've ever joined a forum so just getting used to how things work atm.. Already found loads of useful stuff on here and a great resource for people like me starting out - hopefully have a laugh along the way.

At the moment I'm working as a butcher so are making the most of my 2 days off to get things started.

Anyway enough about my life story lol hopefully going to do some canvassing this week or next as have got most of the equipment now. Just want to get my script down to a tee if the customer says they're interested. What are the key bits of information to exchange? E.g if they ask how much? Do you say something like "well for the front windows it would be £6 and I could have a look at the back ones if you wanted a full quote?" I live on an ex army estate and never had a window cleaner knock nor have I seen one so hopefully it has potential for a few customers. Thanks in advance for your responses. And apologies to smurf for sending you a direct message in attempt to make a new thread lol

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hi & welcome to the forum Jackwindowcleaner

Sounds like you are onto a winner to me regarding the x army estate. :thumbsup:

3. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome bud
    Throw the script.out the window mate
    "Morning /afternoon sorry to bother you do you need a window cleaner?"
    If they then ask how much ask to have a peek round the back
    While you are having a look tell them you always wipe the frames and sills over and then say i can do that for you for £??
    Job done
    Once you get to that point you pretty much have the job anyway unless you are priced way to high

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

It becomes a conversation rather than a sales pitch quite rapidly when you don't have a rigid script
    I have been offered a cuppa within a minute of knocking a door before as you are seen as the friendly trustworthy local windie rather than a salesman

5. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

You're in my neck of the woods. You better stay of MY patch or I'll. .. I'll. ... Naa just kidding. There are plenty of houses to go around lol. Welcome and good luck. Just put the effort in the first year and you will be set for life.

6. Jackwindowcleaner

Cheers for the reply. That sounds perfect short and to the point. Once agreed with the price what's the next step from there do you say I'll be back tomorrow and do them for you?

7. Jackwindowcleaner

Haha I keep seeing window cleaning vans now and thinking s**t gotta get to the customers before they do lol. Cheers, the thought is exciting me I'm definitely willing to put the work in.

8. Jackwindowcleaner

Out of interest how much do you charge per window in your area as a rough guide of course?

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

£7 for fronts. I have some cheaper by a quid or 2 but those are old customers

10. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I work mine out in time
    I have what i want an hour and i charge accordingly
    But a tenner minimum
    Once i get new custys i tell them when i can fit them in
    If you are free tomorrow do that as it doesn't give time for it to be forgotten about

Advertisement