Hi Everyone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Wazza, Nov 5, 2011.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Wazza

Wazza Guest

Hi there folks,
    I am due to start my round tomorrow morning using the traditional method, got myself a decent pole extended squeegee and mop set. I have distributed leaflets in my local area and will look to start a local round within 1 miles radius as I am in a heavily residential area. I have practiced a few times on my own windows but would appreciate any advice you have for me, especially around pricing. I was looking to charge £3 for the smaller houses and £4-£5 for the larger ones (with porch) does this sound ok? too cheap or too expensive?

Thanks in advanced, Wazza

Advertisement
  2. kris122

kris122 Guest

From what I've read on this forum and asked in my local area that sounds like you are charging far to little. I'm under the impression that £1 per window or thereabouts. The guys on this forum say that is a reasonable price. But I am also very new to this game. But I would certainly be looking for more than you are going to charge. Hope this helps mate and good luck to you.

3. Wazza

Wazza Guest

Thanks for that Kris, I was worried that being a new starter and with the recession customer's will only accept work if it is at a bargain price, I suppose I can always quote a couple of £'s more and come down if the customer wants to haggle!
    Cheers mate and good luck to you too.

4. victorcookie

victorcookie Guest

Ive been doing this for 10 years now, your averange house now is about 10 to 13 pounds and 15 to 18 pounds with a conservatry

5. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I have been going for three months now and find pricing the most difficult aspect of the job. I have underpriced on more than one occasion. Its probably because you want to get the job, but I am beginning to learn that its doing me no favours. Last week, at four of the houses I went to, the customers gave me more than the price i had quoted...think they realsised they had got a bargain. It is difficuly though...i am pretty slow at the moment and not really sure how fast I will be in a few months time.

6. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

don't sell your self short it is so easy to quote cheaply to get the job but in the future you will hate doing it. pulling up to the house and thinking i really don't want to to this for only £3

it is one of the hardest parts of the job, pricing.

i have under priced many times and also over priced. i still have a job now that i charge £8 for and takes me 5 mins. they happily pay it but i would not charge that much now that i have figured pricing out. it is hard but you figure it in the end.

7. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

I have a vicars manse to price on thursday...loads of windows. I had better get that one right!. I am wondering what, on average, an average window cleaner would expect to earn on a daily basis. I am way too fussy with the frames and sills, which really slows me down. But at the same time customers really appreciate it. A lady approached me today and told me she had noticed what a good job I was doing. she is now my latest customer!

8. The guys I've worked with aim for £150 a day ish. As your new, this may seem a long way off. If you aim to hit £100 in a day once a week and then build your days up, you should be ok.

As the guys above have said, dont sell yourself short. It demoaralises you if your underpricing. After a while you'll know what you can and can't charge in you area.

All the best.

9. mrtaytay

mrtaytay Grand Master

Cheers Jeremy. I think its a lesson I need to learn quite quickly.

Advertisement