Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

fan jets vertical

WCF

Help Support WCF:

simon

has anyone else done this ?? saw it on fb yesterday & tried it today, it seems quicker cos of more flow, my son used that brush all afternoon & thought the same, doesnt look as good though cos you cant see the wide splay

It would cause spotting as the Jets would fire into the frames a lot when rinsing...

I only use fan jets for gutters atm. Never tried them vertical. How comes it seems quicker?
cant answer that really i think there seemed to be a heavier flow, needs more try out

but fan jets imo are quicker anyway

It would cause spotting as the Jets would fire into the frames a lot when rinsing...
i clean all the frames every time so spottings not a problem & i rinse on the glass so its just a continuous flow downwards

That's cool,

might work then, for me it would spray up even higher than the frames when rinsing, might bring dirt down...

The only way you will have heavier flow is if you have increased the flow controller.

I always use fan jets however I use mine on the horizontal, I have one 4 jet brush for connys and UPVC that has 2 horizon and 2 vertical, just to make sure that I get really good coverage rinsing off all the crud.

That's cool,
might work then, for me it would spray up even higher than the frames when rinsing, might bring dirt down...
i thought about that, especially in summer on open windows but it didnt seem to, but never had any open ones so hard to tell

I just point blank didn't like fan jets to be fair, rinsing took forever as it's more of a mist,

I find pencil jets (3mm in my case) were much faster at rinsing, more water falling,

I found the mist type spray just covered the window, but was slow to 'fall' down the glass - which really annoyed me lol, it was just too slow, and I'm impatient. I like a fast rinse,

Shame, as I really wanted to like fan jets!

Seems to work for others though, so must be a preference thing I suppose

I just point blank didn't like fan jets to be fair, rinsing took forever as it's more of a mist,
I find pencil jets (3mm in my case) were much faster at rinsing, more water falling,

I found the mist type spray just covered the window, but was slow to 'fall' down the glass - which really annoyed me lol, it was just too slow, and I'm impatient. I like a fast rinse,

Shame, as I really wanted to like fan jets!

Seems to work for others though, so must be a preference thing I suppose
I went through a faze of using fans all the time because I liked the hissing noise /emoticons/biggrin.png. Pencil jets for more accuracy IMO. Talking of vertical jets, does anyone else rinse Georgian windows with the pencil jets above each other? Nice fast flow!

I have these to fit to a brush. They are supposed to be the daddy's of fan jets.
Cost enough lol.
they're numark ones aren't they??? ive got links to get them cos ive heard they're so good but i dont fancy drilling into my brushes

i thought they were much cheaper buying them that way, the wc supplier that sells em charges £7 each i think

that lot cost about £50 posted. Yeah i know what you mean, i wanna try them tho as i know fans would help on Georgian windows me thinks!

Back