Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mobile Phone Expenses Question

paulio

Hi guys.

If I Signed up for a contract mobile phone would I be able to claim any of the cost on expenses as I'm using it for work as well as personal use?

That's interesting, didn't know we could get away with the whole bill /emoticons/smile.png
If its ''wholly and exclusively'' used for business then you can put it all down, I put all my bill through too. You can put a % of your home phone and interent down too. When your at you can also add a very small amount for gas electric. If your adding those, you can may as well add a percentage of council tax and your rent/mortgage. Your better off getting an accountant to work those out though lol

At the end of the day they can't prove its not all business, so I just put the whole bill in and it's never questioned

Work out what rooms you have in your house including outbuildings (garage etc). Say 6 for argument sake, if you use 2 of those for your business (garage, office) All utility bills can be spilt by 2/6. Mobile phone bill just put the whole bill through.

Work out what rooms you have in your house including outbuildings (garage etc). Say 6 for argument sake, if you use 2 of those for your business (garage, office) All utility bills can be spilt by 2/6. Mobile phone bill just put the whole bill through.
Is that how they work it out?

Yer you can tell, but we all have been through it ourselves so know what it's like. So just anything if you don't know

Is that how they work it out?
That's how we've been told to work it out for our business, it could be completely different in someone else's circumstances so probably best to check with a professional!.

I put an invoice in every year for each month and the accountant works her magic.

Latest Posts

Back