Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Road Trip and a Thank-You!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

NWP Cleaning Services

Last week (got back on Monday) I took a break away and travelled some 7 hours down south to West Bay in Dorset. I’d hoped and planned to revisit the area early this year to catch the window cleaning show, but sadly our family faced the sudden and shocking passing of close member during an operation classed as routine. As you can imagine, all thoughts of moving from gardening to window cleaning were forgotten about for a while.

Last time I was in West bay it was the late 1970’s and back then it was reasonable active fishing port. Today it stands as a coastal marina. Gone are the wooden walkways with gaps big enough to see the water moving below, and the sights and smells of the fishing boats hard at work. Instead part of the charm has been lost with the new concrete constructed marina.

There was however two great highlights to my break. The first was getting to see the amazing speed and precision of a seagull dropping from the sky with pin point accuracy on a young woman’s just bought ice cream. I’ll never forget her words “It stole my f**king flake”.

The second was getting to spend a couple of hours with Mark Munro. I know and could see how busy you were buddy, so really did appreciate both the chat and the chance to see and play around with some of the WFP equipment. I enjoyed your unbiased views and try it yourself to see what you like approach.

Sitting here and making a new shopping list of items I need (and a few I would just like) I can see the way our meet-up has changed things. Money saved in some areas will now allow the purchase of maybe not so import items like the Aqua-dapter (really want one of those).

My next holiday will be at the 2016 window cleaning show :thumbsup:

Oh – and Mark - I’m really sorry about the shoddy cleaning job on your windows :rolleyes:

Latest Posts

Back