Hi, Looking For A Bit Of Advice

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by patrick, Apr 30, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. patrick

patrick Member

Hi, my names Pat and ive been a window cleaner on and off for 12 years. I had quite a few rounds some years ago but was forced to give up due to dermatitis, i kept a couple of them and rented them out but i ended up selling them all eventually. In 2008 i started cleaning again and was putting cotton gloves on with vinyl gloves over the top, this was going great and i even ended up buying my own work again until the problem came back. I was putting black latex ones over the cotton gloves near the end and with hindsight this was probably a big mistake as they make your hands sweat like mad which made them really bad.

Hope ive not lost you with all this !!

What i am looking for any advice on, are there any gloves out there people could recomend, the less my hands sweat in them the better and also would people recomend using a wfp ? Ive been told that my hands wont get wet whilst using one.

Any advice would be appreciated, Pat.

Advertisement
  2. orca

orca Member

hi Pat
    Ive just started using wfp and found I don't really need gloves. just be careful what poles you use mind as im using a carbon fibre and do occasionally get splinters from it but on the whole not a problem for me.
    Hope that helps

3. patrick

patrick Member

Thanks for that. Do you use it on domestic properties ?

4. orca

orca Member

Yes almost all domestic

5. patrick

patrick Member

Did you change them from traditional ?

6. orca

orca Member

I've not being going long just started out but went strait to pole system. I do traditional on occasions

7. johnny bravo

where are you based patrick

8. Dodger

Dodger Hero

I'm with the above Patrick moving over to wfp should solve your problem mate.

9. ivanbigtoe

ivanbigtoe Guest

Hi pat, in the past I have had dermatitis, have you had allergy tests?...I did and I have dust mite allergy, stress also brings mine on.

10. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

been W F P 8 weeks now but my hands have been cracking up !! had to start putting cream and gloves on. been really dry
    j

Advertisement