Hi my names mark I'm just starting out for myself after 5 years if working for some1 else

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by mark macca, May 6, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. mark macca

mark macca Member

Hi I've also just moved to a new area barking Essex so have also got to get to grips with priceing a different area and not treading on anyone else's toes any advice would be much appreciated thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. boarcity

boarcity Guest

"tread on anyones toes" ,made me chuckle. my advice is to stumble on blindly and never say sorry if you tread on/canvass a house that already has a cleaner.

its a strange but true fact that most of the time the current cleaner will be glad to be rid of/hand over this pain-in-the ass customer.

3. mark macca

mark macca Member

You are right but we're I was working before we were falling over each other and it did sometimes get abit much and hard to canvass when there's 3 different windies working the road at a time

4. boarcity

boarcity Guest

where were you before.?

i work in colchester not a million miles from baRKING and i can tell you essex is boomtime right now, no need to low price now whatsoever .

5. mark macca

mark macca Member

I was in basildon but most of them were summertime warriors and no not a million miles but I'm finding it different hear canvassing is a lot harder as no 1 ever seems to answer doors I'm in the process of getting leaflets designed so thought I'd give canvassing ago I never had to do it before and it is quite daunting

6. boarcity

boarcity Guest

if i was you id get posting your blurb daily on the local buy n sell groups on Facebook. this is a lot easier than leafletting ,tho that still has its place

7. mark macca

mark macca Member

I have tried Facebook but all I find on there is people wanting work done for nothing and a fair few messers that ask for a quote and never there when u get there but I'm sure thay ain't all like that

8. boarcity

boarcity Guest

i agree the messers are there,but so are the ordinary folk who pay normally. i found if you put photos up [of you cleaning a window] and a typical price this increases the response greatly . iv not use facebook recently now as my rounds chocka full, but when i did i tripled my round no exaggerating, by using facebook including the paid ads occasionally

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Sod em all mate
    Get out there and saturate the area with leaflets..canvassing and facebook
    If you get someone else's customer then they should have done a better job

10. mark macca

mark macca Member

Thanks il give it another try it's goto be worth it I've just never had to do it myself and now I'm trying to make a life better for me and my family

Advertisement