Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Car Ports

Pictures would help but I've done the majority of roofs of these. Just treat as a conny roof as they are pretty much the same. Customers tap and your chemical of choice, I use Virosol. Just allow a bit of extra time for rinsing as it's just a bit slower due to the gradient not being as much as a standard conny.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Pictures would help but I've done the majority of roofs of these. Just treat as a conny roof as they are pretty much the same. Customers tap and your chemical of choice, I use Virosol. Just allow a bit of extra time for rinsing as it's just a bit slower due to the gradient not being as much as a standard conny.

Thank you. Do you know anywhere that sells Virosol? Or do I have to order it online?

Second the screwfix degreaser, great product. To be honest the last car port I did, which was the corrugated plastic type (pretty good condition just very green!), I used turtle wax car shampoo - I got 25 Ltrs of the stuff from Cosco for £13. I applied it twice and it left that nice beading effect you get on cars once it's rinsed off. Smells good too!!

The only issue we have found is a carport made with those roofing sheets that overlap. We found it impossible to clean between the overlap and that will look awful for someone looking up. I would point out the issue before I started cleaning tbh.

Back