Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bad news for a friend

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Joshua D

I was out today repairing a neighbors guttering when my friend rang me, his dad is also a window cleaner and if you think I do stupid things this guy would be medically crazy. He tries to give me words of wisdom tells me to do things and I think NO WAY would I even consider it!!!

So my friend told me that his dad was hanging over to clean some gutters, his ladder was on the guttering and as he was leaning over the ladder slipped to the side and he landed on the neighbors shed /emoticons/sad.png. Lucky he didn't brake any thing.

I was thinking to myself how great full I am to of come on here and now use my standoff all of the time now rather then when I could be bothered when doing that kind of work and how much Im not looking forward to going to see his dad I'm sure his words of wisdom have changed a lot.

Got to say he was lucky this time.

Follow the rules and you are 95% likely to go home unhurt.

Don't follow the rules and you are 40% likely to hurt yourself.

99% of statistics are made up. /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hope hes ok mate. Its a learning point for all of us. Everyone here has overreached atsome point, or used 2 points of contact instead of 3. This just brings it home.

that be very scary...i dont use a stand off at present so i am very careful but the temptation to reach that extra inch...i did follow papa smurfs advice the other day and bid on one on ebay but missed it by not being online at the end and so i will keep looking...

Thanks for sharing Josh...

Theses words spring to mind "You Plonker Rodney! at least the shed helped break your fall" /emoticons/biggrin.png

I was out today repairing a neighbors guttering when my friend rang me, his dad is also a window cleaner and if you think I do stupid things this guy would be medically crazy. He tries to give me words of wisdom tells me to do things and I think NO WAY would I even consider it!!!So my friend told me that his dad was hanging over to clean some gutters, his ladder was on the guttering and as he was leaning over the ladder slipped to the side and he landed on the neighbors shed /emoticons/sad.png. Lucky he didn't brake any thing.

I was thinking to myself how great full I am to of come on here and now use my standoff all of the time now rather then when I could be bothered when doing that kind of work and how much Im not looking forward to going to see his dad I'm sure his words of wisdom have changed a lot.

Got to say he was lucky this time.

Oops! still awaiting approval from @Gav so the link of the gutter clearing blog above hopefully should be live soon.

Sounds good smurf. If you can hide my phrase 'gutter bukkake' somewhere in your blog, you'll be my hero. :thumbsup:/emoticons/biggrin.png

Think @Gav is taking some well deserved time off this weekend so might take some time /emoticons/wink.png

yep....You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action....oops sorry...will try again later.../emoticons/smile.png

He was released from hospital today popped round to see him, he said his never going up a ladder again lol guess his loosing half his wages as his not into WFP traditional only lol. He seemed pretty happy not to of done any more damage to himself he was limping around a bit, next time it could be worse so Im not going to let it slip and think things are fine.

I was up the ladder again today didnt have my standoff with me only had a foot to reach to finish cleaning the gutter out and thought bugger it I'm coming down and moving it wasnt going to risk it ever again. Cant wait to get a van and just have all my equipment at the ready no matter what.

Just goes to show complacency using ladders can lead to a shed load of pain literally…:laugh:

Sorry @Smurf was holding it for a little while, as wanted to try and have at least one blog post a month. Approved now. /emoticons/wink.png

Latest Posts

Back