Hi.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by alex, Sep 29, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. alex

alex Newcomer

Hi to everyone thanks for the add. I'm alex. Have been lurking for a few weeks reading everything I can. I've not started window cleaning as yet as I have a few other things going on but hopefully will be starting soon. I've been collecting a few second hand bits of equipment to get me started. Hopefully will be setting up with my brother who has years of experience but he's mostly been doing abseiling work. He was one of the cleaners on Beetham tower in Manchester. Rather him than me haha. Anyway loving the forum all seems very friendly and helpful.

Anyway first newbie question. .according to the ppm map Merseyside has 100 ppm will I need a full ro system or just di.

Advertisement
  2. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

Welcome to the best window cleaning forum alex. My water is very soft, so have never taken much interest with water that is higher than 060PPM. I ain't got a clue about RO's and I won't be moving house, so I'm twin DI only. :thumbsup:

3. cheapncheerful

hi and welcome alex...think you will be alright without ro but ....i no expert only a newbie to wfp myself ...experts will be along soon...:D

4. Gav

Gav Grand Master
    Administrator

Welcome. As a comparison my water was around 80-90 ppm I ran di only although best to have a couple of di's and rotate.

5. bazzer

bazzer Active Member

hi alex my ppm is about 90 to 100 sometime and have no problem with a large di vessel gets it to zero ppm and lasts for ages but aint got a massive round yet hope this helps

6. seye

seye Forum Addict

Welcome to the forum mate, cant comment on ppm as here in Glasgow water is very very soft so I only use a small di tank but advice given above looks sound.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

7. alex

alex Newcomer

Thanks guys for the replies, see I said you all seem a friendly helpful bunch haha. Definitely has given me more to think about. I've just won some items on the old bay of fleas. 25th hybrid elite pole. 6 brushes with fan jets all the connections and some hose for £80. Worth it? Looks like it can get me going

8. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Welcome Alex, those bits you bought will come in very handy for sure :thumbsup:

I've bought quite a few decent bargains from fleebay myself over a period of time which include:

ladders
    ankalad x 2
    microlite standoff
    ladder spurs
    conservatory ladder
    petrol pressure washer x 3
    pressure washer hot box
    rotary surface cleaners x 4
    baffled water tank x 2
    gas water heater

That's just to name a few as I like buying bargains for work as you do. You still have to be very careful what you bid on though as there is also plenty of **** listed aswell.

9. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

Welcome bud
    Don't know jack about ppm as I still do it trad (the proper way:giggle:)
    But nice to have another member

10. norm

norm Grand Master

Advertisement