Hi

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by wax_addict, Apr 4, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. wax_addict

wax_addict Member

Hi, I've been toying with the idea of starting a window cleaning round for a short time and found this forum which has been a great help.

Seems if you're willing to put the work in it can work, and I'm sick of mind numbing work for min wage and working under someone else, so would love to be my own boss and make something for myself.

I've had a little browse and figure I'mma buy the trad kit posted by kip (I think), recommended set up, a decent ladder, then go from there, but I have a few questions..

I don't own a van or long car, a little 5 door Yaris, am I wrong in thinking it'll still hold a 3m ladder alright on top if I invest in a roof rack? I don't care how it looks tbh, as long as it gets the job done and saves me carrying a ladder for miles. Can I make do with a shorter ladder? (Quite high houses around here in places)

On the subject of ladders, I'm guessing its a vital piece of kit, but can you clean high windows using a pole with your squeegee etc on the end alright? From the little I've read the only drawback is its not quite as good and customers prefer to see you up on the ladder? But if I have ladder transport issues, could I still clean top windows using a pole alright?

That's it really, when the kit arrives and I start sorting things out I'll have a bunch more questions I'm sure.

Cheers in advance.

Advertisement
  2. Dodger

Dodger Hero

Hia mate, can't see a problem putting a roofrack on that, theres a guy near me with a clio and he seems to manage ok.

Some say wagtail on a pole is ok some say you gotta get up there, I'm with the latter at least for first cleans.

3. joe90i

joe90i Member

I for it iv got a ford ka and does the job

4. Posh

Posh Hero

Greetingd

5. mark m

mark m Hero

Welcome to the forum

6. wax_addict

wax_addict Member

Lovely, cheers guys.