Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mobile Apps To Log Work?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I dont Use apps well not apps in that sense......

I had all my weeks work on speadsheets woked for me so much better then say george ir other programs on pc, where you would print or write on notepaid daily,.....

so now my work is on googledrive in the form if spreadsheets and can access anywhere at anytime on my phone, tablet and even pc...

There are a couple of guys developing stand alone apps for window cleaning. Think one is about to be released on Google play. You also have roundpartner that can be used on the phone as a webapp. I use to use Google calendar and evernote on my phone for a while.

I don't personally but I'm working on a component that will be incorporated into every website I build so may use it myself as well as will have to anyway for testing.

I am pure pen and paper, but really want to do it another way, used to do a spreadsheet, pc crashed and I lost everything, so wont do that again.

I am thinking about buying a Microsoft office thingy, or even using round partner/George. as pen and paper is warring thin haha. especially as I have about 350 customers in 6/8/12 weekly. (mainly 6 weekly)

I looked at Roundpartner when I first started but it seemed way too complicated to put new customers in. Its not that I couldn't do it, more that it was unnecessarily complicated. I gave up after putting in about 4 customers. Tried George on the free trial and took to it instantly. At the moment I only have around 120 customers and it works more than fine, but I could see that it could get unwieldy if you have hundreds and hundreds of customers.

I haven't tried it on any kind of mobile device yet but was thinking of getting an Ipad to take out with me

Just seen your comment regarding roundpartner @brightvision

What would you suggest that would make it easier to input new customers.

We have recently added the benefit of adding a street with all the numbers in then later on you can add the customers details and schedule jobs in.

You can also upload from George, there is an import button in the account section to make this easier.

I simply just use Microsoft excel and save it to dropbox and I can access it through my laptop or phone or anything.

Add, update, edit etc

hi Nearlyclean, I can't really remember anything specific about why Roundpartner didn't feel right - I'd have to download it again and have another go! Seriously though, it just didn't feel intuitive to use so I didn't get too far into it. I had Roundpartner, George and something else (Aworka possibly?) at the same time and I only had a handful of customers at that point so I had a go at all 3. I didn't like the look of George as it seemed like something from the 90's with the interface etc but it just seemed so intuitive to use. I input all the customers I had at that point and had no problems finding how/where etc. With Roundpartner it seemed to take an age to get the details in and then the work I had input so far didn't seem to be readily available to view. Like I said I gave up after only a few customers.

It might very well be that once you get into it then it would be far better to use than others but sadly I didn't get that far. I've heard a few people say that George is good for smaller businesses but it struggles once you build your portfolio - if that is the case then I like the idea of an import button and would probably have another go at it by importing a few and having a good look around it again.

Thanks for the feed back brightvision. George is a good piece of software if looking some what tired now. But it does a lot that a small set up would need. We are always looking for ways to improve Roundpartner. We are planning to bring out a lighter version as you can get a bit lost.

I Have Window Cleaner Pro and its well worth to pay monthly for under the cost of most mobile phone contracts, well well worth it as i have had it for almost 2 years and would not be able to keep track of all my work with pen and paper (as i found out to my detriment).Iit keeps not only track of your jobs, debts, expenses but can forecast what you will be earning on the jobs that you have a year or more from now!

Back