Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Setting up a new window cleaning business.

S

SpikeMilligan

Hi All, 

I am new to window cleaning and looking for advice, I've seen a few other window cleaners with those pole systems.  What are the costs and general running costs of the systems please?

Hi All,   I am new to window cleaning and looking for advice, I've seen a few other window cleaners with those pole systems.  What are the costs and general running costs of the systems please?
 Welcome mate.

Starting myself so been researching a lot. The best thing you can do is either buy a Van with a system mounted, will cost roughly about 5k for a decent one or do what many do and buy a backpack, trolley and water fed pole and do it that way.

Price wise it'll work out like this setting up a business:

Gov Registered - £50+

Uniform - £20+

Leaflets/business cards - £60 for 10000

Website (optional) - £10pm+

Backpack - £80+ (Recommend Gardiner one £90)

Waterfed Pole - £60+ (Recommend Gardiner CLX 22 £135)

Brush - £20+

Trolley - £20+

Bungee Cords - £5+

Receipt Book £2+

25L Tanks to house the purified water - £5 each+

You've then two options. Buy a filter system and make purified water yourself, that costs anywhere between £200+ or find a local supplier and purchase it.

Once you've got all things needed, your monthly outgoings will be petrol, website/advertisement and then water if buying it.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

If I were you I would crack on with the ladders for now and continue to build your round, that's how the majority of us started. As the the round gets bigger and more compact you should be able to put a little away and then think about a system.

if you already have a van I would buy a system off eBay or build your own regarding the price it depends if you live in a soft water area or hard water. I just sold a 400L system for £270to a young lad who is just starting up working perfectly soft water area, 

Stopped being a lurker and signed up to the forum to thank @itsthewindowcleaner for reply above.

Doing the researching on starting with the various options on methods, equipment, money required, etc, can be a tad overwhelming. That was quite a concise response which has helped clear the mind.

Thanks.

Back