Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

**** day all round.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

TolishAPurd

Lovely sunny day today and this is one of my best round of work that I've had from the start. Cracked on with the first house and the old lady came out and was visibly stressed. Her husband's in a home and has dementia, and the government are messing about with her money. She was really having a bad time of it, and said she was hard up for money so can I just do the front. No problem I said it'll just be a tenner. It took me seconds with the wfp, so I let her keep it and put it towards her taxi that was on its way. I would never normally do this but it was a little bit of good karma or so I thought...

Went to go and clean my next house which is always a pain, but will be perfect with a wfp. She's decided to put a canopy up blocking my only access to the roof. She was a bit anti the pole. So with the two combined, I think I'm going to lose that one.

On to the next house, and the customer that was a vicar, decided to change religion to Hindu along with changing all her furniture..... either that, or she has moved out and not bothered to tell me. The to let sign lying in the back garden suggests it's the latter.

On the the next two houses that were neighbours. Poling them for the first time and nearly finished them both, when one of the women comes out and starts complaining. I very nearly walked off and left them to it, but why should they get a free clean out of me. So I kept my cool...a bit...but she had nothing to complain about other than the fact that she didn't like the pole. They reluctantly paid and told me not to come back, even though the windows were spotless.

Sometimes you're the pigeon, sometimes you're the statue.:rolleyes:

Nothing worse when they go on about the pole, just feel like saying you f*cking do it then lol

Nothing worse when they go on about the pole, just feel like saying you f*cking do it then lol
What ****** me off was her tone of voice. As far as I'm concerned it's a business transaction so if they don't like it, just be calm and polite and let me explain. And then from their they can pick or choose. But the old cow came out running her mouth off, and them moaning to her friend making a scene. I nearly walked off but no way was I going to let them both get a free clean.

id increase your efforts to find fresh work, the new steady influx will override any losses

id increase your efforts to find fresh work, the new steady influx will override any losses
Yep will do for that day at least. Elsewhere I'm busy, but a bit like the eu, this days round is crumbling apart.

What ****** me off was her tone of voice. As far as I'm concerned it's a business transaction so if they don't like it, just be calm and polite and let me explain. And then from their they can pick or choose. But the old cow came out running her mouth off, and them moaning to her friend making a scene. I nearly walked off but no way was I going to let them both get a free clean.
I pulled my hose out at a house before and she chased me back up the path with it lol

I pulled my hose out at a house before and she chased me back up the path with it lol
You should have squirted her full blatt mate. :DI suppose I better get used to the negativity. They are my only two, and I've not had them long anyway, maybe a year or so.

You should have squirted her full blatt mate. :DI suppose I better get used to the negativity. They are my only two, and I've not had them long anyway, maybe a year or so.
She didn't want the water on her frames , I wasn't quick enough in saying how the **** do you stop the rain then!!

these days happen, in fact they happen to me most days, cant remember the last day when i had a really good day without a single hiccup.

I've offered this advice to WFP transistors previously TAP, when a trad custy is getting switched and starts a grumble just say 'That's ok, don't pay me' and wait for the look of surprise as it dawns on them what you just said. Then before they can speak, repeat, 'Don't pay me'

Now they have a puzzled look. 'Just leave it to dry to a perfect finish which I know it will' --- 'When I come next month just pay me double and if you aren't happy by then don't have me back'

Lost only one out of over 600 people using this line.

these days happen, in fact they happen to me most days, cant remember the last day when i had a really good day without a single hiccup.
On the flip side I've had a lovely start to the week /emoticons/tongue.png

Picked up 6 new customers and been getting through the graft quick

Hope the rest of the week is as good

I've offered this advice to WFP transistors previously TAP, when a trad custy is getting switched and starts a grumble just say 'That's ok, don't pay me' and wait for the look of surprise as it dawns on them what you just said. Then before they can speak, repeat, 'Don't pay me' Now they have a puzzled look. 'Just leave it to dry to a perfect finish which I know it will' --- 'When I come next month just pay me double and if you aren't happy by then don't have me back'

Lost only one out of over 600 people using this line.
I agree green, but her mind was made up, and after the way she was talking to me, so was mine. This wasn't one I could talk my way out of, and I wasn't going to risk the 30quid when I was perfectly happy walking away and not seeing them again. They were both complaining about the windows being left wet and wouldn't have any of it. I think the same might have happened to their last windy. I don't take moaning well at all, I blame years of being in customer service jobs when I was younger where I had no choice but to take abuse- my tolerance is virtually zero now.

On the flip side I've had a lovely start to the week /emoticons/tongue.pngPicked up 6 new customers and been getting through the graft quick

Hope the rest of the week is as good
Yep I've had those too. Just seem to have more bad days lol. Today ran out of water at 1pm as I had a leaky hose fitting.

I don't get many **** days so I'm not used to it at all, and this had all the makings of a good day even the bit of charity on the first job made me feel good.

When I have a **** day or the heavens open allday I just sit back smoke a *** and think of the many wasted hours I spent in dead end low payed jobs years ago. Soon picks me up.

actually it does you good to have sh/t kicked in your face every now and then. makes you stronger long term

Back