Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mates rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I alway charge full wack for friends and family as they understand I have to make a living.

There is no such thing as mates rates if you ask me.

Mind you my sons always catch me out on a good day. Bless em /emoticons/biggrin.png

I guess they know theyll get a decent job, that's the bonus for them. I will harden up and quote my 'full whack' then /emoticons/smile.png

It's not as if any of them are as hard up as me

They can take advantage for sure but you have to remember you could be earning your normal wack doing other jobs instead.

Very good friends O can do free of charge on Sunday but in generall I would prefer if they get someone else so no problems and all are happy

I did a small ground floor flat today which turned out to be a chaps wife I know, very young family, hard working, not well off, I did it for a fiver as opposed to £8.

Also do a couple of others cheap as they have got me quite a bit of work in the past, and a mate of mine does odd jobs for me metal work/welding wise so always give his a clean when I go over for nothing.

I guess though unless that young family know it's good rate, they might not think any the better of you or your efforts. But if you tell them, it's like 'accidently' leaving the price tag on a gift.

I guess though unless that young family know it's good rate, they might not think any the better of you or your efforts. But if you tell them, it's like 'accidently' leaving the price tag on a gift.
Not bothered if they know or not really, its for me as much as them.

I even charge my brother full whack and he wouldn't expect any different

He knows i could be doing a paying job instead of his

I agree with the contrasting views, it seems it's a grey rather than black and White question/answer and more about the giver than the receiver perhaps

Don't do mates rates my self as they always seem to wont more or it's not what they think it should b and to be fair money between friends and family is just a corse for argument

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate done a kitchen/dinner full refurb job for his mother once and it cost him thousands in lost earnings, His mum gave him £500 for a job that took him 6 weeks to complete. Bless her /emoticons/biggrin.png

they see it as a weakness

best to get all sh//tty if a friend asks ,they respect this a whole more,try it

I do my father in laws for free but my brother wouldn't let me.if i tried

Same as i wouldn't get him to invest my.money for me for free

Wish i had some to invest

I do regular houses of family all free and have done forever if you can't help family who are you going to help
I agree m8, I do my sister in laws when I get chance and have a cuppa and a chat also do my father in laws regular as he is a decent guy and help us out loads ,if you can't do the odd favour for family and friends Is a sad case of affairs

Back