High Roof Cleaning

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Window Cleaning Rayleigh, Aug 28, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Window Cleaning Rayleigh Well-Known Member

Am after some different opinions and prices for this job to clean the underside of the roof that's sticking out from the building. You can't really see in the pic how dirty it is. But it's pretty much just a slight black pollution colour

image.jpg

Ive already got the cherry picker in mind and the cost of that. My water fed pole is long enough but to honest the cherry picker is going to make it a lot easier!

Advertisement
  2. Andykarlaxxx

Andykarlaxxx Forum Addict

Im interested to see how you tackle this.

3. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Yeah gonna be a fun one!! I've also got to do all glass and empty a hidden gutter that's up on that roof! But those bits will be simple. I done a section with my pole to show her how it would come up, but due to the height it would take way to long to do the rest like this when I can just hire a cherry picker to get up close

4. Andykarlaxxx

Do you HAVE to have a license to run a cherry picker? Lol

5. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

If you're on a building site then I think you have to have IPAF training. But im pretty sure it's not a legal requirement for the job I'm looking to do. When I when and had a chat with the bloke at the hire place today he and I went over my risk assessment with him all he said was that there'd be a 15min induction before hire. He never mentioned anything about a license!!

6. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

7. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

8. M.K Cleaners.co.uk

M.K Cleaners.co.uk Grand Master

Depending on how the roof is built would you not get away with using a pressure washing telescopic lance?

Would you not get away with doing it from the ground with a WFP and Ubik? I suppose that would really depend what the build up of dirt was

9. Andykarlaxxx

Oh good, i thought you needed a license, dont know why when your on private property.

10. Window Cleaning Rayleigh

Yep did think about pressure washer but they have no outside water source, and last time it was tried their kitchen was flooded by previous cotractor!! I did a test patch with my pole and some ubik but at that height it was massive aggro, was hard to get enough scrubbing power, that's when I thought right I need a cherry picker for this!!

Advertisement