High Tds Reading

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by garry, Jul 17, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. garry

garry Member

hi all, i changed myt resin 4 days ago but its reading 17 already, 38 before it goes into the resin when its usually 20. ive been informed its bcos the hot weather is affecting my filters allowing more dirt particles through. is this true and is any1 else having this problem? plus is there any easy way to keep my filters and water system cool as they are all bolted securly in my red hot shed??? any help please guys as i dont wanna use water with tds 15 to 20

Advertisement
  2. Neil

Neil Grand Master

What resin are you using mate?

3. garry

garry Member

tulison from pure freedom, used it for 2 n half year n never had a problem, usually takes 3 weeks for it to read 10

4. Richard Hyde

Richard Hyde Member

if tyou turn tap off for any period flush the system for 15 /30 mins before sending through resin,,, also drain the water in resin bottle this will make it last longer,,

5. Neil

Neil Grand Master

Hmm strange that's a good make resin, maybe it is the heat someone will help mate could be the heat on the di vessel getting to the resin .

6. Neil

Neil Grand Master

if tyou turn tap off for any period flush the system for 15 /30 mins before sending through resin,,, also drain the water in resin bottle this will make it last longer,,
    yup clean the di vessel before you put new resin in that's what I did today :)

7. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

my di,s are sat in back garden an i have no probs there in direct sunlight all day ive just changed my resin so will keep an eye on tds.

8. garry

garry Member

i have 2 reverse osmosis systems at 2 different houses, 1 is reading around 15 after 4 days of changing resin and the other is reading 4. it takes 3 week to get to these readings normally as 1 is higher pressure than the other, so both are getting dirtier sooner so looks like the heat is affecting both of em

9. tench0771

tench0771 Grand Master

im guna leave mine in house then if that the case lol sod that resin cost enouth as it is :Image4:

10. garry

garry Member

any ideas on what can go over the water system to keep it cool? as evan puttin it in house will still be warm imo plus its a lot of messin around changin hose lengths etc

Advertisement