Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Why Trad

WCF

Help Support WCF:

kellyKleen

Been cleaning for 20 years, started with trad as had no choice back then in the dark ages. But now there is a choice and I use WFP for last 5 years. A guy this week in Marlborough using trad fell through a conservatory roof and was hurt so bad he had to be air lifted to hospital. So to all you trad guys out there why do you risk it? its a numbers game. The more you go up your ladder the closer you get to the time you will be coming down the fast way. Stop thinking it won't happen to you because it will go WFP now..

WTF was that window cleaner doing on that roof in the first place?

As for the trad vs pole debate, you will find the definative answer in this video...

youtube-loading.gif

always will be trad , i like doing it which is y i took up doing it ,so do the majority of windies out there .

I don't believe this guy was on the conservatory but rather cleaning the window to the side when he fell side ways and down through the roof.

being able to do both trad and W F P same as your gear wagtail different squeegees W FP brushes & different length poles gives you more options for doing your job

safety is now the key thing .

As guy said to me couple of years back windy day " get of that bloody ladder son you canny clean windows in a wheel chair"

One day I might have trolley system, but the only time I would use it would be for above connies and other awkward places. Quite a few of my customers have come to me because I am trad.

i think a bit of both is the way....i arrived to do my block of flats to see the wfp lads in action and sat and watched them as i knew they wouldn't be long.....but they did the ground floor trad....both ways have their good and bad points ...trad can be dangerous but it is also cheaper...wfp setup and costs are dearer but its a lot faster......so i do intend to use wfp on my dodgy windows....even this friday i ventured up to do a window above a conny as i hadn't done it all winter and of course i had wet feet....i should learn but maybe i like the adrenalin as my foot starts sliding down the bars....no i wont be doing it with wet feet again promise or else smurf will tell me off.../emoticons/wink.png

Been cleaning for 20 years, started with trad as had no choice back then in the dark ages. But now there is a choice and I use WFP for last 5 years. A guy this week in Marlborough using trad fell through a conservatory roof and was hurt so bad he had to be air lifted to hospital. So to all you trad guys out there why do you risk it? its a numbers game. The more you go up your ladder the closer you get to the time you will be coming down the fast way. Stop thinking it won't happen to you because it will go WFP now..
well thats a post to brighten all trad cleaners day:D

its great to have choice @kellyKleen so if its ok with you i am staying trad

sorry to be a rebel:D

I will also stay trad. On my ladder I'm as careful as the next person. If I think it's dangerous I'll use my backpack. Every window cleaner should learn trad. Think of the inside windows you miss out on. Guttering jobs???. Smurf has a great set up for guttering jobs. Even if ladders were banned I would trad bottoms. Love doing it. Hate doing wfp. Are they ok. Are they gonna spot.

Rebel here as well:mad:

I will also stay trad. On my ladder I'm as careful as the next person. If I think it's dangerous I'll use my backpack. Every window cleaner should learn trad. Think of the inside windows you miss out on. Guttering jobs???. Smurf has a great set up for guttering jobs. Even if ladders were banned I would trad bottoms. Love doing it. Hate doing wfp. Are they ok. Are they gonna spot.Rebel here as well:mad:
posh oh yes you have a point

clean the windows trad, twice if you want, stand back and be proud of your work, its not the same W FP is it, you have more convincing to do and explaining

but when it is right you have chance to make gd dosh.

I do trad clean inside's and one or two patio doors which leak if WFP is used. Its not that I am saying WFP is better or faster or more profitable, simply safer. I fell twice from a ladder. Each time I was not taking any silly chances or doing crazy stuff. First time I got up and walked away , second time 2 weeks off and couldn't even drive the car for 5 days because of a bad sprain. Trad guy's are not paid any more yet take bigger chances for no reason other than you say you "enjoy" cleaning this way.

ive yet to hear anybody say they get a kick out of the wfp way . all i ever hear is long term it is incredibly boring but think of the money .

Sounds like he was doing something dangerous walking up a conservertory roof... Suppose traditional window cleaning is for people with common sense, not saying wfp cleaners are stupid and have no common sense, I never do any windows that are risky if the ladder is not safe I tell the costumer I can't do that window, I Have fallen off once and since that day I've been very careful where I put the ladder. I use to walk up con roofs and icey roofs and put the ladder up in the snow, on slippery decking never will I do it again.

I've seen the pics on your website @cheapncheerful so all I can say is you're one loaf short of a picnic clambering over conservatory roofs like that /emoticons/biggrin.png

i think a bit of both is the way....i arrived to do my block of flats to see the wfp lads in action and sat and watched them as i knew they wouldn't be long.....but they did the ground floor trad....both ways have their good and bad points ...trad can be dangerous but it is also cheaper...wfp setup and costs are dearer but its a lot faster......so i do intend to use wfp on my dodgy windows....even this friday i ventured up to do a window above a conny as i hadn't done it all winter and of course i had wet feet....i should learn but maybe i like the adrenalin as my foot starts sliding down the bars....no i wont be doing it with wet feet again promise or else smurf will tell me off.../emoticons/wink.png

I do trad clean inside's and one or two patio doors which leak if WFP is used. Its not that I am saying WFP is better or faster or more profitable, simply safer. I fell twice from a ladder. Each time I was not taking any silly chances or doing crazy stuff. First time I got up and walked away , second time 2 weeks off and couldn't even drive the car for 5 days because of a bad sprain. Trad guy's are not paid any more yet take bigger chances for no reason other than you say you "enjoy" cleaning this way.
There are many windows I do on my round that you could not get to with wfp. One example is windows with bars on. If you use saftey measures that are about for ladders & don't take stupid risks you should be ok.

I've had a crash in a car but don't take the bus or train everywhere. I still drive. You just gotta be careful. And yes I find wfp boring as hell.

Yeah I know. I was making the point to kellykleen that you can't clean these with wfp.

Buggers to clean. Makes you feel what a convict feels

I've cleaned a few newer flats with those silly bars surronding the lower part of doors and windows. What is the point in putting doors on the side of a building 4 storey's tall without a balcony beets me:D

Back