Highest PPM you use

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by C Rose Cleaning Services, Aug 3, 2016.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tags:
  1. C Rose Cleaning Services

Having one of those days today; ladder blew over and left me stranded on a roof and last couple of jobs have left spots behind and have needed redoing which got me thinking about PPM. I've read anything up to 010 is fine for window cleaning and Unger recommend I change my resin once it reaches this level. I normally go to about 006/007 before I change it but what do you guys recommend as acceptable?

Advertisement
  2. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Not recommending it but I change mine at .004 and have no problems where I am.
    And not wanting to highjack the thread either, but I haven't been using vision now for weeks and I still get perfect results. I won't be buying it anymore.

3. C Rose Cleaning Services

I've never used Vision

4. CHWS

CHWS Guru

I had mine up to 7 , the workers was at 14 when I checked! So I just changed both

5. Marko067

Marko067 Well-Known Member

Some swear by Vision, but I can honestly say that I can't see any difference to the finished result. It certainly doesn't make any difference to the finish either on the glass or the PVC that I can see. I wish I could say that it did but I can't. Maybe it has something to do with the water quality where I live. If you are getting excellent results with pure water alone I wouldn't bother with it. If not and you're getting spotting with a low PPM reading then try it. I've cleaned with .036 before with no discernible spotting. That was due to a mistake I made and again I certainly don't recommend trying it.

6. daveyboy

daveyboy Legend

I don't use vision anymore and clean regularly with 4-8ppm and no di and get spotless results every time

7. C Rose Cleaning Services

Think it was to do with the frames today - old crappy seals and filthy frames on a first clean. Rinsed over and over but still bled in places. Hopefully the next time I do them the result is better.

8. spruce

spruce Grand Master

It must have something to do with what type of dissolved solids are in our water.

I would think that water with high levels of calcium is still going to be an issue at low tds.

9. simon

simon Guru

when i was single di i regularly went to 15 before i changed with no problems, my tap is 36 & i often use that on the house & usually get good results but not always so i wouldn't want to risk doing a customers at that, i wouldn't worry about anything at 10 or below

10. adamangler

adamangler Wakefield Window Warrior

Highest I use is 000 because I've had issues at 3-4 tds and prefer peace of mind over scrimping on a resin change. But do your own test on your windows and just hope your water doesn't change. Why risk it imo but plenty of guys do so it's up to you.

Rofl@ stranded on a roof though

Advertisement