Highest td you can clean with?

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by Diwrnach, Oct 8, 2014.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Diwrnach

Diwrnach Grand Master

As the title suggests, what's the highest you can get away with and still do a good job?

Advertisement
  2. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Myself I stick to 000 ppm as then if I get any spotting I know it's down to the method not the water I'm using

3. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

they say you can clean at 10 with plenty of rinsing

4. seye

seye Forum Addict

Once mine rises above 0 ppm I change, because I only use wfp for high up, and windows that are too dangerous to reach with ladders I want to walk away from a job knowing its done to the best standard that can be achieved.
    Sent from my RM-976_1115 using Tapatalk

5. andy w

andy w Well-Known Member

0 ppm here also :thumbsup:

6. spruce

spruce Grand Master

We work with 0 tds 99.9% of the time. I know we can go to as far as a tds of 4 but we can start to see traces of spotting above that with careful inspection. (I have experimented with a backpack and slowly 'contaminated' the water and then cleaned my own windows.)

I have often heard of cleaners who say they can clean with a tds of higher than 10 with perfect results. Either they haven't checked their results closely enough or, if thats a genuine observation, then the original water composition makes a difference.

For us we are on the North East coast and windows are very badly effected by the spray that gets blown in off the sea. So we make sure the water is always at 0 and we tend to over rinse to make sure of a spot free result.

7. Tuffers

Tuffers Hero

007 for me. A bloke on another forum uses tap water of something like 028 :eek: and blades any windows that spot. What a numpty :rofl:

8. Duncs

Duncs Grand Master

yeh I clean at 7 tuffers, mind I am always stiring the DI resin as soon as it creeps up, which drops to 000

9. koopmaster

koopmaster Guru

I clean at 2 or 3 but I can let it go to 5 or 6. Once cleaned at 44 for a week and only got 1 complaint... loyal custies...

10. Posh

Posh Hero

7 to 8 for me although did once clean with 11 & never got a complaint. Was expecting it but checked the windows next day & were fine.

Advertisement