Hindsight Is A Wonderful Thing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by Smurf, Apr 20, 2013.

Advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Smurf

Smurf Banned

[SIZE=medium]Hindsight is a wonderful thing....[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Customer had a nice new glass conservatory built the width of the back of his house. Looks very nice then in hindsight thought better give me a call as the guttering above the conservatory has never I mean never been cleaned out since the house was built. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Was an absolute mare of a job to do but at least I had to do next door too and to my disappointment they had a conservatory too. At least I had room to give that one a hand job and guttervaced the other from the front of the other conservatory.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Never mind all in a day’s work I suppose. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt] View attachment 2476 [/SIZE]

Advertisement
  2. J.D

J.D Banned

You and your handjobs smurf! I hope the customer was happy with the outcome.....

3. adyspurs

adyspurs Guru

I'm sure she was lol.

4. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Hello stranger....both lady cutomers as usual where delighted JD. Funny I did not get one piece of muck on the glass roof either. :Image10:

Self cleaning glass and all that but was filthy with builders dust so said to the customer for a crack " is that self cleaning glass" he said "yes it is" I then said "I hope is rains soon then but give me a call if you want the glass cleaning properly" :Image13:

5. J.D

J.D Banned

:Image3:

6. nearlyclean

Supplier

Looks like a great job, How did you reach that by hand? Wouldn't want to fall through that conservatory.

7. Smurf

Smurf Banned

Couldn't do that side with a ladder so cleared it out using a guttervac from the ground instead.

Not wanting to damage the new conservatory I placed a ladder onto the front of the conservatory roof using a microlite stand-off to rest the guttervac pole onto then moved it along to do sections at a time. Doing it that way the guttervac pole was easier to manage as used the microlite to take the weight of the pole. As always when sucking up loads wet/damp tile grit the pole became a lot heavier as was sticking to the inside of the pole.

To make the job go quicker I normally would have used a pole with a tool to break up the compacted damp tile grit & debris first but did not on that one as wanted to keep **** from falling onto the glass so took longer to do.

Advertisement